How happy are you with your 2021/22 Tahoe/Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '22 Z71 and love it. Got mine with a 6.2L, air ride + mag ride control, power sunroof, and not much more than that. Dark Ash Metallic with black interior. Bench seat in the 2nd row (no moving console), and didn't want the RSE. Did come with Auto Start/Stop or A.S.S for short. I put in the eliminator and took care of that. Missing the heated steering wheel, but have a letter in hand stating it will be retro installed "once available."

As for the ride - love it. Smooth as butter. Power is plenty, and I find it difficult to keep my foot off the gas. I know it's a ginormous brick rolling down the street, but I love the drive. Pretty top notch for me, even though I'm hitting 14mpg mixed roads. Surpassed 1200 miles on it today, and it's 36 days old. Build date is Jan 2022, and hopefully that will reduce the risk of bad lifters although I know I'm fooling myself in the long run.

Mar48

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
'22 Tahoe LT here with 1K miles

Love the space, ride, interior/exterior. Very happy with our decision to upsize from a Volvo XC90 for the 'family car/truck'.

Hate the gas mileage LOL... but it's a heavy truck with a 5.3L V8

aboss3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got a ‘22 Yukon Denali XL with every option but the sunroof. Took it on a road trip and it now sits at 870 miles less than a week after I got. The truck just eats the highway miles. We’ve had a number of SUVs and this one drives like a dream with the magnaride and air ride. My one thing I would improve is the breaks. It seems like they are underpowered for such a massive vehicle. I had the Escalade on order and don’t miss it a bit after driving this thing. Got the bench 2nd row as we have 3 small kids. Getting to the 3rd row is super easy now and my 5 yo could walk between the isles with lots of headroom left.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new generation of Yukon/Tahoe is so much nicer than what is out there. The other OEMs have a nice feature or two that I wish that was offered on these trucks but the overall styling blows everyone else away minus the lifter issues, IMHO.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a ‘22 Yukon Denali XL with every option but the sunroof. Took it on a road trip and it now sits at 870 miles less than a week after I got. The truck just eats the highway miles. We’ve had a number of SUVs and this one drives like a dream with the magnaride and air ride. My one thing I would improve is the breaks. It seems like they are underpowered for such a massive vehicle. I had the Escalade on order and don’t miss it a bit after driving this thing. Got the bench 2nd row as we have 3 small kids. Getting to the 3rd row is super easy now and my 5 yo could walk between the isles with lots of headroom left.
You would be able to retrofit the larger brakes from the PPV into this truck. It would be far more cost effective than purchasing the GM Performance variant. The only downside is you would have to make sure your spare tire is a 20" wheel to clear the PPV brakes.
The new generation of Yukon/Tahoe is so much nicer than what is out there. The other OEMs have a nice feature or two that I wish that was offered on these trucks but the overall styling blows everyone else away minus the lifter issues, IMHO.
I agree in general. I'm holding off to allow GM to work out additional bugs as well as for other OEMs to increase production where it puts price pressure on GM. It looks like it will have to be a 2023 or 2024 purchase.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I agree in general. I'm holding off to allow GM to work out additional bugs as well as for other OEMs to increase production where it puts price pressure on GM. It looks like it will have to be a 2023 or 2024 purchase.
what do you mean by price pressure?

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do you mean by price pressure?
Right now, the Chevy Suburban and GMC Yukon XL are really the only long wheel base 1/2 ton based full size SUVs in production. Ford's production of the Expedition Max is limited at the moment. But if we go into 2023 and 2024, Ford's production will certainly increase and there are spy shots of Stellantis introducing an extended wheel base Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer. Also, GM will have the Toyota Sequoia and potentially the Dodge Durango competing in the shorter wheel base 1/2 ton based full size SUV market. Once production returns to normal in a year or two, there will be so many more competing models in the same market segment it will put price pressure on GM.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Right now, the Chevy Suburban and GMC Yukon XL are really the only long wheel base 1/2 ton based full size SUVs in production. Ford's production of the Expedition Max is limited at the moment. But if we go into 2023 and 2024, Ford's production will certainly increase and there are spy shots of Stellantis introducing an extended wheel base Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer. Also, GM will have the Toyota Sequoia and potentially the Dodge Durango competing in the shorter wheel base 1/2 ton based full size SUV market. Once production returns to normal in a year or two, there will be so many more competing models in the same market segment it will put price pressure on GM.
[/QUOTE

I still don't understand what you mean by "price pressure".

The price of these vehicles is only going to increase over time, regardless of how much their production starts increasing to compete with more vehicles in the market.

From what I've been reading, the new Sequoia top trim is going to start at over $70k.

Do not expect GM and Chevy to reduce the prices of Tahoe's and Yukons to compete with more cars. Unless "price pressure" means something completely different than what I am thinking.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still don't understand what you mean by "price pressure".

The price of these vehicles is only going to increase over time, regardless of how much their production starts increasing to compete with more vehicles in the market.

From what I've been reading, the new Sequoia top trim is going to start at over $70k.

Do not expect GM and Chevy to reduce the prices of Tahoe's and Yukons to compete with more cars. Unless "price pressure" means something completely different than what I am thinking.
I think the actual market price of these vehicles in the next 1-3 years will decrease because of the introduction of new competitors in the segment, increase in interest rates, and likelihood of a recession. Yes, the MSRP of these vehicles will likely increase, but once production/supply returns back to pre COVID times and the economy deteriorates, we will be back to the days of substantial discounts off MSRP.

Manufacturers are still incentivized to maintain some volume because there can be substantial revenue from parts sales 3+ years down the road.

DenaliDrew

Reaction score
Love, love, love my '21 Yukon Denali XL with the Duramax 3.0. My and my family of four just completed a 2,000 mile road trip from Colorado through Albuquerque, Phoenix/Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon and Durango/Purgatory. My opinion would probably differ if I had the v8. Fully loaded with a 21 cubic foot Thule cargo box on top I got 24 mpg at 80-85 mph on average. This thing just eats miles comfortably and economically. The '21 rear seat entertainment is amazing - sorry to those who don't have it or have the 22 model. I have no idea why they would overhaul a year old system. The 21 is great. CarPlay, Alexa - it all just works fabulously. I have multiple USB sticks with movies on it for the kids. They can each watch something different from each seat. I also have a Roku with a voice remote to watch live tv. I was able to watch the Tennessee Vols tourney game live on the big screen while my wife drove a bit. Of course, you need the car wifi to work seamlessly, but it was also nice to have my work hotspot when Verizon had better coverage than AT&T which is what the car is on. I've recently upgraded the rubber to Toyo open country AT3s and this is a great upgrade in the snow. I love the cameras everywhere, and the rear view camera is fantastic. My only gripes are minor - the cost, obviously - this thing was 40x the cost of my first car. The plastic in the back scratches easily. All weather mats were a ***** to get to stay in place on the 3rd row seats. The running boards get dirty when it is snowy outside. I'm scratching my head on any other annoyances. It is a fabulous vehicle that turns heads everywhere. The Dark Sky Metallic paint looks fabulous as well. 18k on the clock and not a single issue other than an occasional smell - either from regen or the cabin air filter.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
packle