How fast have you had your tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southofi10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
top speed is 137 so if you have bigger tires or wheels on it than what it was originally built with then that would explain why the speedo will say 140, mine was built with 18" wheels and I have 20" on it so the speedo is off 2-3 mph also.
Bigger tire diameter, regardless of wheels, would mean fewer rotations per mile, therefore speedo would read a slower speed.

OP
OP
Eod1

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
I see a lot of you guys are from Florida. I can see driving at high rates of speed and hitting a alligator would be surely instant death. Out here in AZ, New Mexico and Texas Areas 1 trooper might have a area of 100 square miles or more to patrol. Helicopters are not on every corner and you might have to respond to a bank robbery or school shooting that is well over 100 miles away. That's when speed saves lives. I know we had a trooper gunned down out here a while ago. The suspect had a 58 mile head start. Thank God for dash cams and body cams. They saw it go down ,had discription of car, plate and direction of travel. At neck brake speeds it took the troopers 1 hr to catch up to them and take direct action. Where I live it's still the wild west. People still come out here to leave the grid and society. In town stop sticks will getcha. On a highway that runs forever a HK 91 laying at a rest on the right car door window sill while pumping 308 into the vehicle next to you while running 100 stop things out here. Different stop techniques for different topographies . Can we agree on that?

OP
OP
Eod1

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
Next time I'm at at 140 I will take a pic of it

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I see a lot of you guys are from Florida. I can see driving at high rates of speed and hitting a alligator would be surely instant death. Out here in AZ, New Mexico and Texas Areas 1 trooper might have a area of 100 square miles or more to patrol. Helicopters are not on every corner and you might have to respond to a bank robbery or school shooting that is well over 100 miles away. That's when speed saves lives. I know we had a trooper gunned down out here a while ago. The suspect had a 58 mile head start. Thank God for dash cams and body cams. They saw it go down ,had discription of car, plate and direction of travel. At neck brake speeds it took the troopers 1 hr to catch up to them and take direct action. Where I live it's still the wild west. People still come out here to leave the grid and society. In town stop sticks will getcha. On a highway that runs forever a HK 91 laying at a rest on the right car door window sill while pumping 308 into the vehicle next to you while running 100 stop things out here. Different stop techniques for different topographies . Can we agree on that?

It's definitely different out there.

I drove tractor trailer for years... west Texas speed limit of 80 mph, Utah speed limit 85mph, and back in the day New Mexico deserts had no speed limit during the day, only at night.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol
I remember running 140 mph on a Ninja about 30 years ago. I was young & dumb, and I'm lucky that I'm still breathing.

Yeah, I'm a geezer. And you'll never catch me running over 85 mph in a Tahoe, mainly because you can't slow/stop well enough if something enters your path.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol
I remember running 140 mph on a Ninja about 30 years ago. I was young & dumb, and I'm lucky that I'm still breathing.

Yeah, I'm a geezer. And you'll never catch me running over 85 mph in a Tahoe, mainly because you can't slow/stop well enough if something enters your path.
you'd get ran over in California many people are doing 85-90+ in light traffic, highway patrol's used to cruise about 85 now they do about 90-95 otherwise there slowing traffic down.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
110 before the tune. I’ve not had good weather or road since the tune. I have been 152 on a CBF 1100 many years ago. Before I realized a lizard or butterfly could kill me.....

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Driving fast on public highways & streets......

IMHO, the road condition is a big factor. Road condition can be the speed limit. Remember the Ferrari F40 that launched to a power pole... 6 feet in the air in Malibu. I lived in Newport Beach, Ca. when the owner of TapOut was killed when his gal friend drove him in his Ferrari vs Porsche. The Ferrari slammed against landscape / street light pole. ( 2 minutes from my house). The actor from Fast & Furious was killed on a typical business street, slamming into a tree, due to a slight storm drain indentation by a curb, causing the car to "lift" as if they ran onto a ramp.

Lady Di was killed by 2 factors.... Not wearing a seat belt and the chauffeur "over driving" the Mercedes on a 40 MPH road at 70+ MPH. The road that dipped to a down-ward-sloap, lifting the front tires, loosing steering & hit a center post.

All these cars have the best suspensions..... It was the road that killed them. It was their brain that also killed them..... "High Performance" is not the car. High Performance is the quality of the training the driver had - How to drive the car .... with intelligence.

Driving high speed? Sure.... But.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442