How fast have you had your tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some are, others, many think they are. We live in the Houston Metro area, and most speed limits around it are set at 60-65. We only saw 75 on the way to Arlington to pick up a trailer. But yeah, with the cruise set at 75, I was still getting passed.

I would like to get out west of San Antonio in something other than our 2500HD diesel.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No tune needed my racing days ended years ago.

Depending on the vehicle, a tune can make it better to drive around town too. Mine sure did.

90..... Cruising on I-4 Florida.

( Now, THAT will continue an interesting conversation ! )

90 or 9mph? LOL

Hey Ken, do you remember back in the late '80s and early '90s when FHP had that Corvette? We used to see it most of the time up around I-95 and I-10 and sometimes all the way down to Fort Lauderdale. Oh, how about the six 280ZXs? I near forgot about those! We outran more than a few of their 5.0 Mustangs when we had enough fuel on board!

Recently ran our truck up into the 90s over to Lakeland on country roads (60 and 98). Funny thing was, we were getting passed and basically speed along with the flow of traffic!

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Depending on the vehicle, a tune can make it better to drive around town too. Mine sure did.

90 or 9mph? LOL

Hey Ken, do you remember back in the late '80s and early '90s when FHP had that Corvette? We used to see it most of the time up around I-95 and I-10 and sometimes all the way down to Fort Lauderdale. Oh, how about the six 280ZXs? I near forgot about those! We outran more than a few of their 5.0 Mustangs when we had enough fuel on board!

Recently ran our truck up into the 90s over to Lakeland on country roads (60 and 98). Funny thing was, we were getting passed and basically speed along with the flow of traffic!

I remember the Vette and the 5.0 Mustangs... can't say I remember the 280Z's.

evan Neise

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have mine with the governor off also have larger tires a tune and 4.10 gearing I have had mine to 152 on a stretch and felt like it had more to go I want to do a turbo kit for when I tow but I know it will cruise if I do so lol

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can honestly say my speedometer says 140 and it will do that. The frontend starts to lift a little .
60mph was the fastest

I have to take care of what i got and cant be messing it up

in my old junker I had it upto 115mph super illegal but you can;t prove it. :p

100MPH in my grandpas car it helped clean out the carbon deposits. from the 100% city driving and probably the first time it got into 5th gear..

and a dodge scare-a-van at 120mph it was a rental so i did not care....

I was driving with in the specs of the van as I wanted to cut my time from CA to AZ and back to CA in one day I did it in 10 hours I put 920 miles on it total in 10 hours.
(including loading up the van time of 30 min bought item off CL and saved over 500$ from buying from the store. after. super illegal but you can;t prove it. :p..

they tried charging me for another day I TOLD them I got the car serviced for free (car wash,which save them 30 to 45 min of service to have it ready for the next person)and two extra gallons of gas since i topped it off because it was below the full line when i got it) for you and you try and charge for another day.. what a joke
AZ gas is cheap so i fill up before i get to California and few more gallons at the nearest station..

Last edited:

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mine with the governor off also have larger tires a tune and 4.10 gearing I have had mine to 152 on a stretch and felt like it had more to go I want to do a turbo kit for when I tow but I know it will cruise if I do so lol
How did you figure 152 mph with 4.10 gears and a speedo that only goes to 120.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas