How fast have you had your tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my 16 LTZ up to 111mph today before I ran out of room.
Felt good at that speed, was hoping to hit 125mph.

My Hellcat I hit 162mph in Mexico at 4am. Windshield wipers were lifting off the windshield, lol.
Really 4am.

OP
OP
Eod1

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
I was coming down out of the mountains the other day. I could see for a long way and no one else around for miles. So I went from 85 to 125 very fast and 139 140 soon after. I have never had a ppv respond like this one does. It doesn't like to sit still. Im glad it acts like this. Not sure what I would do if I had to try to shove all this gear into a Corvette. I'm wondering if I should order one of those SVE Suburbans?

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was coming down out of the mountains the other day. I could see for a long way and no one else around for miles. So I went from 85 to 125 very fast and 139 140 soon after. I have never had a ppv respond like this one does. It doesn't like to sit still. Im glad it acts like this. Not sure what I would do if I had to try to shove all this gear into a Corvette. I'm wondering if I should order one of those SVE Suburbans?
Have you ever driven anything actually fast? Honda Odyssey accelerates faster than a 5.3 tahoe.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a special services vehicle, but I've had my tuned 2500 Suburban up to an indicated 120 MPH. I was actually surprised that I could feel the front end getting light. It's a 6500-lb truck.

One of the reasons I won't tune my Denali. That thing has 50 more hp, and 1000 fewer pounds. I've bounced it off the speed limiter more times than I can count. It goes from 70 to 100 frighteningly quick. I'd just get into trouble if there was no governor.

OP
OP
Eod1

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
Well of course. I'm from Indiana and spent a lot of time around BorgWarner. I was at the drag strip when a friend of mine had the first dodge viper down from Detroit testing it. I had the chance to be in the passenger seat. I have been on snowmobiles all the time running across the lakes at 140 to around 160. I got to do a pass or two in a Top fuel dragster. I have been riding for 29 years, mostly Harley Davidson but the fastest bike I have ever been on was a GSXR 1100. I pushed it to 197. Corvettes, Ferrari, GT40's , skydiving, Yes I have been fast before. The difference between all of those and a tahoe is I can drink coffee wearing my Ranger shorts listening to AC DC and still be running 130. That's fun

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coops924