How fast have you had your tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds fun

not worried about the driveshaft having issues?
I had one blow up at 120. Tore up a bunch of crap under the truck. I got it fixed but it was somewhat expensive. I had a custom drive shaft built. I have since reconsidered how fast I drive my GM vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Superchips voided that out. Voids alot of stuff now to think about it.... haha...

I brought a newly purchased ( by client) Mercedes Maybach into a high-end auto/audio shop to have the guy configure a satellite system into the car's audio
He showed me his stack of computer discs & software from manufacturers that dealers are not allowed to have. And, dealers are not allowed to even touch...... He can modify nearly any car computer to do whatever he wanted.
He was considered "aftermarket".
Quite a learning experience!!

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one blow up at 120. Tore up a bunch of crap under the truck. I got it fixed but it was somewhat expensive. I had a custom drive shaft built. I have since reconsidered how fast I drive my GM vehicles.

as long as you got upgraded ujoints w/ that driveshaft, you should be GTG ;)

i was looking at carbon fiber one for **** & giggles, but mine is 1/2" passed their maximum length.
so im getting quotes on materials now

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
as long as you got upgraded ujoints w/ that driveshaft, you should be GTG ;)

i was looking at carbon fiber one for **** & giggles, but mine is 1/2" passed their maximum length.
so im getting quotes on materials now

When I bought new, my ( since sold) 1988 GMC C2500, it had a drive shaft, factory carbon fiber w/ cast aluminum ends. I could hold it easily with one hand. I am not clear how common that was.
It was pretty when I wiped it clean!!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

who made the driveshaft for you?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it may depend on the department but I have read they are Governed but it is generally higher than a regular civilian vehicle like 120/130 they can do 137 like all the others if unlocked

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who made the driveshaft for you?

It was a local place.

https://www.driveshaftsoftulsa.com

66b08a661b588eb611cb236b421c18be.jpg
95714f37d406de9ceea17329f8491e55.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members