How fast have you had your tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Eod1

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
Fuel Cut-off. More like a electrical 'cut-off'. That's what it feels like anyway.
Maybe on yours but mine don't stop accelerating at 137 it keeps going. Cops aren't the only ones that use tahoes or suburbans. But it seems like most of you think that. Everyone east of the Mississippi can use a radio to get some one out in front. Your cities and towns are abundant. Come on out to Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada. When you work alone or when one person has 500 square miles of open roads with only a maybe helicopter as back up , you get a lot
of speed time. A lot of the time my average cruising speed is 85 to 95. When I get to a open road that I know is clear for the next 20 miles I open my hoe up and let it breath.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe on yours but mine don't stop accelerating at 137 it keeps going. Cops aren't the only ones that use tahoes or suburbans. But it seems like most of you think that. Everyone east of the Mississippi can use a radio to get some one out in front. Your cities and towns are abundant. Come on out to Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada. When you work alone or when one person has 500 square miles of open roads with only a maybe helicopter as back up , you get a lot
of speed time. A lot of the time my average cruising speed is 85 to 95. When I get to a open road that I know is clear for the next 20 miles I open my hoe up and let it breath.
I am completely aware law enforcement is not the only ones driving these trucks. Been to Texas several times and have pictures of my'70 Chevelle I bought in El Paso to prove it. Drove my Chevelle through New Mexico on my up to MN.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eod1

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
You know Oklahoma to Az the speed limit on the 40 is 75 right?. Pretty much all the state'es not all but most will let you run 10 over.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my hoe doing 126 today for 10 mins. Never felt tighter and more solid. It got there quick and stayed there untill I had to get out of it. She has 205,000 miles on her and she runs like a large corvette.
Your lucky a Armadillo didn't run out in front of you.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so the question was how fast have you had your tahoe. It wasn't how are your road conditions, how was the weather that day. It wasn't when was the last time you had offensive or defensive driving school or when was the Last time you were at the drag strip. It was just, how fast have you had your hoe. I dont care about the statistics of high speed accidents or the weather reports at the time of said run.
I love all the extra details.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts