How do you tell if the main beam bulb has blow.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi,

I've lost my main beam, both headlamps. All other lights work fine, including high beam. Check fuses/relays noting doing there so pulled the bulbs. My question is how do you know if this is blown, both main and high beam are delivered from this guy and high beam works great.

Help please, before I waste money on new bulbs.

Bulb.jpg

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Hi,

I've lost my main beam, both headlamps. All other lights work fine, including high beam. Check fuses/relays noting doing there so pulled the bulbs. My question is how do you know if this is blown, both main and high beam are delivered from this guy and high beam works great.

Help please, before I waste money on new bulbs.

View attachment 252954

It appears blown to me. There is nothing connecting the filament to the positive lead inside the bulb...
rps20200720_192938_080.jpg

It should look like this....
rps20200720_193054_918.jpg

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love the contrast of people’s attitudes on this forum. Here, we have @2007 Denali XL wanting to fully test light bulbs before throwing money at it with new bulbs. On the other hand, we have folks that have come on here and swapped out $100’s of their hard earned money without any hint of diagnostics.

Last edited:
OP
OP
2007 Denali XL
Reaction score
Love the contrast of people’s attitudes on this forum. Here, we have @2007 Denali XL wanting to fully test light bulbs before throwing money at it with new bulbs. On the other hand, we have folks that have come on here and swapped out $100’s of their hard earned money without any hint of diagnostics.
man, I have wasted so much hard earned money by not taking the time to work out the root cause, I learned the hard way. Measure twice cut once!!!!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score

We all learn in different ways. :)

I have 2 grown sons, and their learning experiences were completely opposite. One son would listen and take away the recommendations, and use these experiences of others to chart his own course in detail, before moving forward. The other son would hear, but not listen, and have to learn on his own through trial and error - like finding out that a stove element turned on was HOT by touching it; like finding out how shocking an invisible fence dog collar electrode was by touching it when close proximity to the trigger wire.

You can guess which one took after me in learning experiences. :banghead:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DesertGator

Latest posts