How do you know if the AFM Delete has been done?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Writefast

Reaction score
2007 Yuke SLT 5.3. The thing never seems to go into v4 mode. Dash only ever reads V8. I don’t hate that but I want to make sure it’s a feature and not a bug. Is there an easy or obvious way to tell if the AFM DOD delete has been done?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you can look under the intake, you'll see a smooth cover, it's been fully deleted, it you still have the stock cover, all bumpy, it could just be turned off in the tune.

hard to say without access to know it the ecm has been tuned

OP
OP
Writefast

Writefast

Reaction score
IMG_9371.jpeg
Welp. Confirmed bumpy plate with journals or guides or whatever those actually are. Also paid better attention today in town and caught her going into V4 a couple of times. Hopefully there’s not a collapsed lifter in my future. lol.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you know any history of it? could it be a crate engine? it so that's probably a good thing?

back in the old days, you could tell by the numbers on the engine if it matched the chassis or been changed. I don't know if that true these days still. probably not.

OP
OP
Writefast

Writefast

Reaction score
do you know any history of it? could it be a crate engine? it so that's probably a good thing?

back in the old days, you could tell by the numbers on the engine if it matched the chassis or been changed. I don't know if that true these days still. probably not.
Nothing in the paper work, which is comprehensive. But at the point that V-4 is showing on the dash safe to say the motor is stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts