How do you install this knob on the seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2005 Denali power seat knob got knocked off and lost. I bought this replacement one and I can't get it to pop on, only the bottom half will and I am afraid if I push too hard it will break the switch. Anyone have any tips?

1699294931047.png

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it presses on. Did the bracket this presses on get bent when the old one got knocked off? Take a look at the other seat for reference points.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If the top half looks the same as the bottom half, where you push it on, it should just push on. Remove the long screws that hold the panel on and you can hold the back of the switch while you push it on. Or get a whole new switch because they are easy to swap out.

OP
OP
latvius

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up buying the whole switch like one suggested once I found a seller it was about $20 so I got it. The button is not the same on top and bottom. I can get the one half on no problem the other wont go on no matter how much force. Looking at the inside is the picture and you can see those 3 protrusions, on the switch it has a part that is like an L shape. It seems like it would go on fine if those protrusions were on the other side as they are now they hit that L shaped plastic tower on the switch.
I dunno if it's worth any more brain power on it since the whole replacement switch is pretty cheap and easy to swap but I thought I would share what I found.
20231117_094124.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz