How do you get OEM cluster bulbs out???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rms25thta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you get the OEM cluster bulbs out of the twist lock bases?? Do they pull out or do those little metal tabs have to be moved?? I took a big and small one up to AutoZone and the kid got the bulbs out but now that I look at them, looks like he just broke the metal wire connectors off. They don't have any metal coming out of the bulb now and when I look in the twist lock I see two pieces of wire sticking up? Did he break them on me?? What # bulb is the small one for the blinkers?? If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks.

Rich

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He broke them. The stock bulbs are 'built in' to the bases. And the little bulbs are for the turns, check engine, etc lights. I don't know what size they are because I didn't change mine. I figured I'd leave them stock colors so they don't blend in with my gauges. If my check engine light comes on, I want to see it.

OP
OP
R

rms25thta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I brought them back up to AutoZone.....
Keep in mind, I didn't ask him to take them out, I actually told him I thought it didn't come apart. He said they did.....I told him not to break them......
He said he was sorry and what I wanted him to do. I said he could go to a GM dealer and get them replaced and I would pick them up tomorrow evening and walked out, didn't give him an opportunity to say anything.

OP
OP
R

rms25thta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He gave me the 6 twist lock bases for the LED's I ordered. I am painting pieces on the dash, haven't gotten the gauges in yet. As soon as I get it done, pics will be posted.

riso79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year cluster do you have. I just installed an 05 escalade cluster and one of the bulbs is out and I want to replace it.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year cluster do you have. I just installed an 05 escalade cluster and one of the bulbs is out and I want to replace it.

On a 03-06 cluster, the bulbs are soldered to the circuit board. The only way to replace them is to completely disassemble the cluster and unsolder the bad bulb and solder a new one in its place. A lot of people just end up soldering in LEDs in place of the stock bulbs. I have done a few clusters myself. I did Mike's (Tahoewhat) entire interior in blue LEDs for him. Even the power window switches and sunroof switch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DGeneration420