Horrible door open alarm needs to go!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to disable the deafening alarm for when the door is open and the engine is running?

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd install a switch in the line to the buzzer, so when doing a task that requires the key in the ignition and the door open, you could simply shut it off.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I have never owned a car that makes such a horrible sound in my life haha

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
took about 10 seconds. try to turn off the door alarm on my wifes 2006 lexus and see what happens to you

NastyNate98

Reaction score
I had to do this to my 99 Express, and I will most definitely be doing it to my hoe. Such a horrible, relentless sound!

totalpackage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't those GMT400s have a buzzer under the dash? Little square box with a two wire plug going to it. Just unplug it and throw the thing away.

I believe i taped my box up years ago to dampen the sound to just the right level. "middle age man low"

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine doesn’t work. Not gonna bother trying to fix it reading this thread!
It would be nice to have a headlight reminder though, I’ve gotten lazy with the Autos these days. Already cost me a jump, which then locked my keys inside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC