High temp !! Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi every one,

Tahoe 98 2dr, dual core radiator + efan

Problem:
over temp yesterday up to 214F (101 C)

20130317_204238.jpg

So I found out that the radiators was almost empty so I added tge water but still I am losing some.

So today I went to the shop and replaced the water radiator and found out that the temp valve was stuck! Replaced to this:

20130318_100209.jpg

The old and new:
20130318_105611.jpg

So we are done right? NO :mad:

The temp range use to be between 86C to 90C (186f to 194f)

Now no way it drop less than 194f :confused:

And I noticed something, the efans setup (by the previous owner) was

Fan 1 ---- high by radiator temp
Fan 2 ---- high by A/C cluch

Now both fans are working at the same time but the A/C compressor is off!

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
212 is the boiling point of water, if the radiator/cooling system was properly pressurized 212 is OK. If you can it low and there were air pockets in the head cooling jackets you probably cracked a head.

OP
OP
saif najd

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
212 is the boiling point of water, if the radiator/cooling system was properly pressurized 212 is OK. If you can it low and there were air pockets in the head cooling jackets you probably cracked a head.

Nice "cracked a head" :banghead: waiting for others thanx

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
you really need to find that leak. i let mine get as high as 214 before the fans kick in and it does no harm. dont suppose you have a working diagram of the efan controller do you? i can see a change that may be needed.

OP
OP
saif najd

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you really need to find that leak. i let mine get as high as 214 before the fans kick in and it does no harm. dont suppose you have a working diagram of the efan controller do you? i can see a change that may be needed.

No I don't have qorking dagram and today I called the previous owner he told me that he have no idea what was fitted on the tahoe he just used it for few months I checked with a friend at the traffic department he told me there's few previous owners but the first owner info is very old and not valid any more :mad:

But looking at the half full of the glass today I learned something new because of the efans continues action the stock intake temp (and under the hood) temp was very low I did enjoyed good performance.

As you said I must rewire everything, I found this diagram I think I am going to follow it

fan13relay.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

The fans must work as the following

Mode 1
Both fans working low speed continues

Mode 2
Fan 1 high speed by radiator water temp

Mode 3
Fan 2 high speed by A/C compressor cluch

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
yep that is the camaro setup. used in 2002 with the 0411 pcm. applies to other years as well.

Attachments

• Dual Fan Wiring.jpg
    Dual Fan Wiring.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
saif najd

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep that is the camaro setup. used in 2002 with the 0411 pcm. applies to other years as well.

Great thats true I remembered now they talked about the camaro

I just beed to learn how to adopt this to the subaru efans!

I think I am going to replace the efans to the yukon 2005 efans

Iam still thinking

OP
OP
saif najd

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is th3 temp for the engine?

I remember it is 80c for best performance I felt the 86c was the best

And the intake remp should be less than 39c

Am I right?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
just use a 195° f thermostat. for the camaro 5.7 the low speed starts at 108°C/226°F and high at 113°/235°F. i would dial it down about 5-7 degrees for the suv engines tho since we run oil and tranny coolers and sometimes more then one for a specific fluid. that way even under harsh conditions with no leaks everything does not want to get burned up to easily and leave some room for a temperature surge where the fans would already be running to stomp it down such as hard running and then sudden idle for a while in hot weather. remember we weigh more then the camaro. a 4x4 curb weight is 5500lbs for a 5/6 door unit.

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

the intake system will make needed adjustments for the temp of the intake charge.

OP
OP
saif najd

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just use a 195° f thermostat. for the camaro 5.7 the low speed starts at 108°C/226°F and high at 113°/235°F. i would dial it down about 5-7 degrees for the suv engines tho since we run oil and tranny coolers and sometimes more then one for a specific fluid. that way even under harsh conditions with no leaks everything does not want to get burned up to easily and leave some room for a temperature surge where the fans would already be running to stomp it down such as hard running and then sudden idle for a while in hot weather. remember we weigh more then the camaro. a 4x4 curb weight is 5500lbs for a 5/6 door unit.

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

the intake system will make needed adjustments for the temp of the intake charge.

Sir, I am sure you need to visit treasure land (where iam now) I need you!

You lost me there (sorry)

By the way tomorrow we have offroad trip so I had to solve today! So after checking the main parts sellers in the area I found the identical part here it is

IMG_20130319_183513.jpg

Thankfully it is back to normal 87 to 90

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts