High Mileage Oil ????????????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 02 Tahoe with 211,000 miles on and have ran 10w-30 conventional oil since new. I found a great deal on some Mobil-1 10w-30 High Mileage full synthetic oil. Been debating on changing oil types. Anyone got a thought or opinion?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 02 Tahoe with 211,000 miles on and have ran 10w-30 conventional oil since new. I found a great deal on some Mobil-1 10w-30 High Mileage full synthetic oil. Been debating on changing oil types. Anyone got a thought or opinion?

Don't do it. Your motor will begin leaking like a sieve and any built up sludge (which I doubt you have) will be dislodged and could clog things up that you don't want clogged up. We see this all the time with the AFM motors.

OP
OP
BADRIDES

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't do it. Your motor will begin leaking like a sieve and any built up sludge (which I doubt you have) will be dislodged and could clog things up that you don't want clogged up. We see this all the time with the AFM motors.
If not the high mileage oil then how bout just the regular Mobil-1 10w-30?

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used high mileage mobil1 last oil change and for the first time in the 2+ years I've owned the Tahoe, I've had to add 2 qts over the duration. Before I used the high mileage stuff, I was only .5 qts low at an oil change. I also noticed since on high mileage stuff, the vent port on my MIT Airaid has oil seeping out from around it. I will NEVER use that garbage oil again, I just hope it didn't hurt my L9H, I'm very meticulous with it and I'm not quite ready to build it juuussst yet!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If not the high mileage oil then how bout just the regular Mobil-1 10w-30?

What I meant by my original response was not to use any synthetic oil. Since she's been on conventional so long, keep her on it. I had a brain fart last year and put synthetic in my wife's car which had been on conventional oil it's whole life and the thing started leaking. If done early enough in a car's life it's usually ok but if I were you I'd keep doing what you're doing.

I used high mileage mobil1 last oil change and for the first time in the 2+ years I've owned the Tahoe, I've had to add 2 qts over the duration. Before I used the high mileage stuff, I was only .5 qts low at an oil change. I also noticed since on high mileage stuff, the vent port on my MIT Airaid has oil seeping out from around it. I will NEVER use that garbage oil again, I just hope it didn't hurt my L9H, I'm very meticulous with it and I'm not quite ready to build it juuussst yet!

After having used M1 in just about all of my vehicles since the 1980s, I've switched off to that new ACDelco oil made by Phillips 66. It's viscosity numbers are better, no more rattles on start up and the motor does not use a drop of oil between changes. The truck is also getting better fuel economy but the numbers are hard to quantify as we also installed the drag reduction clips on the front but she was doing a little better mileage wise before that too, have to check my logs now that I think about it.

OP
OP
BADRIDES

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We sell alot of the Lucas Oil Treatment additive at my dealership. What is your thoughts on the Lucas?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We sell alot of the Lucas Oil Treatment additive at my dealership. What is your thoughts on the Lucas?

I used to sell it by the case load to farmers, all kinds of other Lucas products too. If I was having trouble with my engine, I would try it myself. I have a bottle on my shelf for our old Montana. Same for its transmission. I'll be changing my front axle fluid next week and for the first time it will see Lucas Oil.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
It's a thickener. Just use the appropriate viscosity from the start so you don't dilute your additive pack.

If memory serves it also causes oil frothing, which makes sense as part of your oils additive pack are anti frothing agents, which this would dilute

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu