High flow catalytic converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Good to see you finally got them installed. If you do alot of short drives that flex pipe will rot pretty quick.
Will the cat being so close to the trans pan cause any fluid temperature (atf) issues? Gonna relocate that o2 bung? At least you're emissions legal now. How's it sound?

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@crownvic31 Thanks for posting an update on your install and experience with pics. This information is valuable.

Your experience with how much of a PITA it was is exactly what I was afraid of.

I’ve installed kooks headers on previous vehicles; They fit, install as they should, and had zero issues for 100K+ miles.

Bit as you know there is a significant price difference between the headers from Kooks, ARH, & Stainless Works than some of the Speed Engineering and Texas Speed options. It’s just none of the cheaper options offer catted Y pipes.

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@crownvic31 Thanks for posting an update on your install and experience with pics. This information is valuable.

Your experience with how much of a PITA it was is exactly what I was afraid of.

I’ve installed kooks headers on previous vehicles; They fit, install as they should, and had zero issues for 100K+ miles.

Bit as you know there is a significant price difference between the headers from Kooks, ARH, & Stainless Works than some of the Speed Engineering and Texas Speed options. It’s just none of the cheaper options offer catted Y pipes.
I just think that these headers were not for an escalade and its the reason why the guy sold them to me cheap.

Good to see you finally got them installed. If you do alot of short drives that flex pipe will rot pretty quick.
Will the cat being so close to the trans pan cause any fluid temperature (atf) issues? Gonna relocate that o2 bung? At least you're emissions legal now. How's it sound?
Why you say that about the flex pipe? My trans fluid temp in 90 degrees weather never went higher then 154. I also do have a tru cool cooler installed. The o2 rear will stay where it is. I will delete it with the tune if black bear cant adjust and make it work. Sounds pretty much the same as with the shorties i had. I guess the reall difference would had been with out cats? It does pull harder. Cant wait for tune

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I just think that these headers were not for an escalade and its the reason why the guy sold them to me cheap.

Why you say that about the flex pipe? My trans fluid temp in 90 degrees weather never went higher then 154. I also do have a tru cool cooler installed. The o2 rear will stay where it is. I will delete it with the tune if black bear cant adjust and make it work. Sounds pretty much the same as with the shorties i had. I guess the reall difference would had been with out cats? It does pull harder. Cant wait for tune
Personally I've had bad experiences with flex pipe. If you do short drives condensation collects in the grooves of the pipe and rots it out pretty quickly.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so i did get this installed and boy what a pain. Just like @992dr said, these are for a silverado and yes they are. So the 1st issue we ran into with the headers was that the collecter on the driver side header was contacting the floor of the escalade. So we had to tweak some to make it work.

2nd issue was on the transmission crossmember. We had to cut a nice chunk off of it for the pipe to run through and connect to flex pipe. Had to modified the y pipe to make it work. Luckly this guy is a buddy of mine and hooked me up but its not worth the hassle. Guy that sold me these told me he had it on his escalade which obviously there was no way.

As per cats, i bought 2 of these

I beleive i got them off summitracing. They are alittle to big for my liking so that was another hassle to make these work.

Here are some pics.
View attachment 410809View attachment 410810View attachment 410811View attachment 410812

It really turned out great. You need to post a sound clip, must sound awesome.
Maybe one day down the road I'll get some LT but like mentioned it would have to be modified to accept cats which would not be a problem compared to making the new factory Y I'm in the process of making now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts