High flow catalytic converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd try to keep it as relevant to the OEM setup as possible. This includes the location of the cat, itself. The cat can't be too far downstream or it won't get hot enough to properly catalyze the exhaust and it'll soot up and clog.
Im thinking to copy this set up which is for a yukon.
Screenshot_20230721_233846_Chrome.jpg

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Kooks headers and cat system.... It's not available anymore..
IDK if it's discontinued or replaced with other part #'s... It fits very
well and I really like it. It was all SS and then I had it ceramic coated to keep the
heat at bay ! It's still hooked up to my OE exhaust. I have a magnaflow system,
but the oe is pretty loud now with the cam

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@crownvic31 Whatever came of this?

Did you purchase some cats and have them welded into your Texas Speed off road Y pipe?
If so; Which cats did you use and how did it turn out? Any pictures of the final Y-Pipe?

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@crownvic31 Whatever came of this?

Did you purchase some cats and have them welded into your Texas Speed off road Y pipe?
If so; Which cats did you use and how did it turn out? Any pictures of the final Y-Pipe?
Ok so i did get this installed and boy what a pain. Just like @992dr said, these are for a silverado and yes they are. So the 1st issue we ran into with the headers was that the collecter on the driver side header was contacting the floor of the escalade. So we had to tweak some to make it work.

2nd issue was on the transmission crossmember. We had to cut a nice chunk off of it for the pipe to run through and connect to flex pipe. Had to modified the y pipe to make it work. Luckly this guy is a buddy of mine and hooked me up but its not worth the hassle. Guy that sold me these told me he had it on his escalade which obviously there was no way.

As per cats, i bought 2 of these

I beleive i got them off summitracing. They are alittle to big for my liking so that was another hassle to make these work.

Here are some pics.
20231006_145353.jpg20231006_145402.jpg20231006_145418.jpg20231006_145424.jpg

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the cats seats right under the trans pan. The o2 bung was welded right after it. I do have the check engine light due to the positioning of the o2 sensor. I also have a blackbear device whicb i am waiting to fix something before doing the tune.

My suggestion is to buy what fits. Modifying is ok if you have the skills or friends that wont charge you an arm and a leg but this wasnt easy. Does look good though .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz