High and low beam upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM_fan97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you, the high beam is a 9005. I also have hid lows, they are factory and do not do high beam. My only complaint about this truck is the dime store lighting. The fog lights are pathetic.
Agreed on the pathetic fog lights...not that bright and a terrible shade of yellow that does not match the low beams. I replaced mine with Diode Dynamics HP60's (made in USA, plug and play) and I am MUCH happier. They are bright and a crisp white - I went w/the 6000K and was worried they would have a blue tint but I'm happy to report zero blue haha. Note: The FAQ's on their site say 5000K is "pure white" and the 6000K has a "hint of blue"...but it looks white to me so I'm happy.

If I had to nit-pick, the HP60's in 6000K are a touch more white than the low beams...which I didn't think was possible as the HID's look pretty crisp. I'll eventually replace the HID's w/Diode Dynamics bulbs as well. They color match and actually verify the color temp all of their lights so 6000K headlights will match perfectly to 6000K fogs.

Diode Dynamics HP60.JPG

I have the reverse lights too but haven't installed them yet, trying to get that done this weekend!
Diode Dynamics XPR.JPG

Not the cheapest option...they have sales periodically w/15% off, still on the more expensive side of the offerings available but I like the plug and play aspect (no resistors/mods) and I like supporting made in USA.
No affiliation with them in any way, I just like the company + products. https://www.diodedynamics.com/info/about-us.html

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the heads up, i have been looking for a decent plug and play fog light option...

these are ordered !

tobypine2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not sure why today is the first time I've really seen and read the 3,9 oclock angle on the LEDs. I replaced the stock bulbs in the wife's '16 Tahoe low beams with Sealight X1's (yes, went cheaper but good reviews) because I did the same for the daughter's Cruze lights, which made a night/day difference for her. I thought the LED stick would line up correctly for the Tahoe but she swears she doesn't see much of a difference. As she's kinda night blind and we live in the country, now I have to find a better upgrade. Was thinking of a whole new assembly, with LED DLRs but maybe I'll stick to a better, adjustable LED bulb for now. Thanks y'all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts