Hid help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1sikyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have had HIDs in my headlights for about 4 months and they have worked PERFECT!! The last couple of weeks I have had a problem with the left headlight. When i turn my lights on sometimes it will turn on other times it wont. When it doesnt turn on I have to keep turning my light switch on and off and on and off until it turns on. This is ANNOYING! and also can cause me a ticket out here if my headlights dont work. Any ideas....wiring? Ballast? It cant be the bulb itself because when i finally get it on the bulb works great.

Any info will be helpful....Thank you!

OP
OP

1sikyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDK? My friends got it for me as a gift. I mean they were working fine for about 4 months. I have a warranty on them So I wil deff call the company but im just curious as to why this is happening now? If it needed a relay it would of not worked since day one.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Probably a current draw issue, in which case a wiring harness might help, or a bad ballast. Take advantage of the warranty, though. It's what they are for.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
IDK? My friends got it for me as a gift. I mean they were working fine for about 4 months. I have a warranty on them So I wil deff call the company but im just curious as to why this is happening now? If it needed a relay it would of not worked since day one.

Don't know where you got that info from but most HIDs go bad for not having a relay!! Sometimes its caused buy a fault in the ballast because the starting power needed to power it can not be drawn from the stock wiring system. Other times it caused by the electrical system in the car going haywire because its having to provide the large starting power needed to power and HID system and not regular halogen bulb.
My HIDs started to flicker on the passenger side and all I did was add a realy kit and clean off the connectors and BAM, problem gone.
Lastly aftermarket HID problems are caused by Auto-Headlight system.
Do yourself a favor and get a relay and turn off your Auto Headlight/Approach vehicle lighting.:Handshake:

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post the brand, type of ballast (e.g. digital start), and wattage. Perhaps post a pic of the package if you have one. Also what have you done to troubleshoot. Switch bulbs then ballasts left to right, tried stock lighting, etc.

I have the DDM Tuning HIDst on three vehicles and have not had any problems for ~4 years. If you have 35W rated ballasts, then theoretically the relay or harness is not needed because the startup power is less than stock (digital start ballasts). As said before, it is important to dissable the approach lighting function for the remote lock/unlock funtion through DIC. This will eliminate the short headlight run time which greatly shortens the life of HIDs.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
If you have 35W rated ballasts, then theoretically the relay or harness is not needed because the startup power is less than stock (digital start ballasts).........

Mine was 35W slim ballast and I had issues before the relay......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n