hid conversion/upgrading front grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love my 35w 5k, they start out bluish but when they warm up its like hyper white

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are your HIDS 6k low beams produce a white to light blue color?
is the hardness necessary if im just going to upgrade the low beams?
was thinking about 6k or 4500k ddm slim line.

Yes 6k 35w have a small hint of blue. If you want straight white go with 5K 35w. The higher in k you go the color changes to blue and purple Good to look at but, your visability will suck in my opinion. Like nytahoe said 55w hid is overkill for the street.
Some guys on here are running without the harness. My Tahoe usually sits in the garage or in darkness. So with the remote start the lights kick on at start up. I just wanted to be on the safe side and the harness was inexpensive.

OP
OP
mando2776

mando2776

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes 6k 35w have a small hint of blue. If you want straight white go with 5K 35w. The higher in k you go the color changes to blue and purple Good to look at but, your visability will suck in my opinion. Like nytahoe said 55w hid is overkill for the street.
Some guys on here are running without the harness. My Tahoe usually sits in the garage or in darkness. So with the remote start the lights kick on at start up. I just wanted to be on the safe side and the harness was inexpensive.

cool, sounds good... will upgrade soon....

OP
OP
mando2776

mando2776

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DDM Tuning. Inexpensive, lifetime warranty on the slim ballasts.

ddm for sure. :)

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

ya i love my ddm's, 35w 5000k they look and work great did my lows and fogs that with 6 high mod its daylight when i drive at night, what kind of grill?

cool. will get ddm 35w 5k soon. went with a chrome billet grill , thanks

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DDM is probably the best out there right now. You don't need any relay harness or anything like that. The HIDs pull 35 watts and the stock halogen bulbs pull around 50 watts so you will not hurt the factory wiring. Plus, on these trucks the factory already runs a relay so all that power isn't just running through the headlight switch like old cars did.

OP
OP
mando2776

mando2776

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DDM is probably the best out there right now. You don't need any relay harness or anything like that. The HIDs pull 35 watts and the stock halogen bulbs pull around 50 watts so you will not hurt the factory wiring. Plus, on these trucks the factory already runs a relay so all that power isn't just running through the headlight switch like old cars did.

thanks for that info.... 91RS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittyboop0510