Hid ballast mounting ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

criffaaa1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see allot of you have used two sides tape and or zip ties to install your ballast. Just wondering which tape is recommended, and are either of these the right tape.

8epuzu8y.jpg

4a3u6e5e.jpg

sent from my Crifftastic $3

jebt2921

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only use tape or zip ties if you're installing them in projectors :) otherwise don't install them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
criffaaa1

criffaaa1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only use tape or zip ties if you're installing them in projectors :) otherwise don't install them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are going in depo projectors till I can get the adapter plates for the mh1's and do a proper retro. After reading multiple threads, I gather the cut off should be ok, and this is just temporary.

OP
OP
criffaaa1

criffaaa1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just tossed mine behind the headlight brackets. Had them like that since 2011 and haven't had any problems.

What did you use to secure them, if anything?

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used this tape I got at Home Depot, Lowe's has it too, one side is tape the other is velcro so if u ever need to remove them its easy, forgot the name of it

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

OP
OP
criffaaa1

criffaaa1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's advice. I like the headlight bracket suggestion's I'll try that. I wanted all my ducks inna row, cause mh1 stage 3 should be here by Friday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmily8474

Latest posts