Hey All!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Puppy Monocle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I just picked up a 2009 Tahoe PPV and I love it. I usually go with sports cars (still have a 79 Trans Am and an 86 Camaro), and this is my first venture into trucks/SUV's. I wish I had switched sooner.

I picked the truck up from a Texas Sheriff's department, and it looks to be well taken care of, except for a destroyed driver's seat. I imagine the law enforcement utility belt can tear them up. It has 229K miles and still runs very smooth. I have no complaints whatsoever with this monster.

Enough about the truck. I am a radio engineer in Louisville KY and have a passion for anything mechanical or electrical. I got into craft beer and started homebrewing about 5 years ago, and am currently building a HERMS brewing rig.

I can't wait to get started playing around with my new Tahoe, and hope I can sponge some great info from all of you!

-Matt

09 Tahoe PPV.jpg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Matt!! Looks to be in excellent shape.

OP
OP
Puppy Monocle

Puppy Monocle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcomes!

Don't have any interior shots yet, but I should have documented the before-and-after of the driver seat repair. You could see the seat frame because the foam padding destroyed from wear. I replaced the missing foam chunks from a junk yard donor, and I sewed new fabric. It's not perfect, but if you don't know what to look for, it looks factory.

When I get it cleaned up to my liking, I will post some pics. Since it came from Texas, there is dirt and dust everywhere, and when you think you cleaned it all, you find more.

As far as mods, the only thing I have going right now is installing a JVC KW-M740BT this weekend (hopefully). I plan on having this ride for a long time, so I am not in a big rush. The only thing I really want to do is remove the search light.

What are some good quality-of-life mods I should look into to get started?