Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hippytrip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What / Where is the best place to find a "donor" Tahoe for a 1996 that we've owned since new but my 17 year old had a "oops" in. - I'd like one that's all there but maybe the motor blew up or something. These crazy people on Facebook all seem to only be willing to part out the vehicle and we basically need Radiator, Hood, Fan Cover, Passenger side front fender, bumper, grill, THE WHOLE FRONT END. LOL! The wreck wasn't bad, but he wants this one fixed, he doesn't want to get another one. (I get it, it was originally his Memmies car was passed down to me then to him, and it's since become a project he's done with my dad. New interior, had recently started painting it, he, my dad and husband literally just spent WEEKS ON END replacing essentially the whole engine (started with needing all the seals replaced, and that kept turning into "while we're here we might as well...." this was done piece by piece in my driveway during every spare minute they had. - He wants the time with his papa, and WE NEED a donor that's not terribly far away!!! - This is my first post ever so I'll never make it to the 100 required posts to be able to post in the "Classified/Wanted" section. - I'm looking for a 4D - 2WD 1995-1999 with a good body as close to Alabama as I can get. - Can anyone point me in the right direction?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Depending on how it was hit you are gonna want to make sure the frame does not have a "diamond" in it and that the frame horns are intact. Then I would think you could find what you want at a salvage yard for a grouping price. You may even have to disassemble the parts yourself. You said that the people on Facebook all seem to only be willing to part out the vehicle. I am a little confused by that statement. What you are asking for is parting out a vehicle. If you are looking for an entire front clip, that is a different story. For instance, you say "passenger side front fender" and do not mention the left front fender. That is the same as parting out. Getting a whole front clip is gonna be a bit of a search and may have to travel to get it or a salvage yard can do a locate and get one trucked in but they will charge you for that. Good luck.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re just wanting a complete truck in order to get all of the miscellaneous “little things” that may need to be replaced, a pickup may be easier to find. The only caveat would, for the mechanical, be to find one with a 350 vs a 305 or the six. Most came with the 350, though.

I’m in Mississippi, but a glance at Facebook searching for “C1500” shows a reasonable variety that may fit the bill. Don’t forget Suburbans, Yukon and Sierra.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

597E973E-8750-436B-8E94-49491440D0AF.png
A27268C6-7135-4835-966E-D16BD82C3158.jpeg
1FDEE4A2-FC14-4117-ADF5-D2444BB9DF66.jpeg
DC5A4194-98E5-429F-958F-EAC548B72C55.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts