Help with parts identification pls!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewtx154

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the part is that holds the rear door, (actually the fronts also) open once they're fully ajar. Without it the door will not stay open unless wedged with some to prop it open. Mine broke off in the rear door and it's the side my 6yr old decided to choose as "his door". It's probably something simple and I prob already know just can't think of the name of it.....i.e the hinge?? No it swings open and shut on the hinges so it's called something else... Lol. Thanks to any info shared God Bless

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

If you go to GMPartsDirect.com and enter your truck's VIN, you can search for the door's hinge assembly, and you can see an exploded parts view of the hinge assembly. I don't know if they sell individual components of the hinge assembly, but you will find out when you go to this site. Let us know if this resolves your part search issue.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

I used to call them a limiting strap. You did not supply the vehicle year and model. C'mon man! If it is an 02 Tahoe that is under your request:

"Didn't exactly want this fixer-upper 02 Tahoe LT in the first place but she's mine now...."

Then you have posted in the wrong section.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You did not supply the vehicle year and model. C'mon man! If it is an 02 Tahoe that is under your request:

"Didn't exactly want this fixer-upper 02 Tahoe LT in the first place but she's mine now...."

Moved to 2000-2006 section.

OP
OP
drewtx154

drewtx154

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

I used to call them a limiting strap. You did not supply the vehicle year and model. C'mon man! If it is an 02 Tahoe that is under your request:

Sorry for not giving year and model. My bad I'm still new to the internet lol. I just thought almost every vehicle had these so specifics didn't matter too much on this but again my bad. Don't ****** the newbie for his first mistake, or maybe 2nd or 3rd lol. But thanks for your help!!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sorry for not giving year and model. My bad I'm still new to the internet lol. I just thought almost every vehicle had these so specifics didn't matter too much on this but again my bad. Don't ****** the newbie for his first mistake, or maybe 2nd or 3rd lol. But thanks for your help!!
Now we know your signature has the year. You might want to be more specific with the description though. Like mine and others here, we put the engine size and 2wd or 4wd or whatever you can think of. Some of the rigs have the same body style but changed some things about them in the middle of the model years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645