Help with o2 sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

h2100

Reaction score
Hey all,

The CEL came on and I got codes P0171 (running lean) & P0131 (bank 1 driver/ sensor 1 front side O2). Bought the O2 sensor and crawled under the car. Found very little space to reach between the exhaust and the drive shaft. It is not too rusty which surprised me as I'm in Detroit area. I didn't get the O2 socket, figured I could manage. I can't. No room up there, barely enough room for an adjustable wrench from below. Don't want to strip it. If I go back and get the socket, there's hardly room to work above it either.

This forum is so kick a$$, that I'm sure a step by step how to do easily is been posts for us home garagers. I just can't find it.

I'm definitely working on it when it's cold for getting at the connector end. It's way up there. Seems do-able, though.

2005 Yukon, 5.3 145,000 miles heading to 250,000.

Thanks in advance.

WildBill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old thread, but....

remove 4 bolts on the front drive shaft U joint and lower the front of the drive shaft. Plenty of room.

KAKALAK

Reaction score
Hey all,

The CEL came on and I got codes P0171 (running lean) & P0131 (bank 1 driver/ sensor 1 front side O2). Bought the O2 sensor and crawled under the car. Found very little space to reach between the exhaust and the drive shaft. It is not too rusty which surprised me as I'm in Detroit area. I didn't get the O2 socket, figured I could manage. I can't. No room up there, barely enough room for an adjustable wrench from below. Don't want to strip it. If I go back and get the socket, there's hardly room to work above it either.

This forum is so kick a$$, that I'm sure a step by step how to do easily is been posts for us home garagers. I just can't find it.

I'm definitely working on it when it's cold for getting at the connector end. It's way up there. Seems do-able, though.

2005 Yukon, 5.3 145,000 miles heading to 250,000.

Thanks in advance.

I have recently replaced both of the before cat sensors and it is doable. I used a open end wrench. The clip on the pass side took the longest to get undone but I did it. My yukon sits @ stock height and I never jacked it up for the install. Just find the best way for you and get it done! :Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coldlegos

Latest posts