help with my water pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clownracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1994 gmc yukon but the engine is a 454 tbi out of a 1994 gmc suburban

im changing the waterpump on the top of the pump there are two outlets, on the old pump the right one has a plug in it and on the left side there is a water outlet with a notch in the top(to screw it on)....well i broke the water outlet trying to take it off and i can not find one anywhere i dont know the proper term for it so thats probably the problem

also im assuming that there is a special tool to remove and instal them if someone could point me in the right direction to find both(preferably at autozone because i have a gift card there) i would really appreciate it!

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The big block has a bypass that runs from the intake to the pump like Vortec based small blocks and Mopar small blocks, I don't think that can just be plugged ...

There are different names, inlet/outlet fitting, heater hose adapter ... they sell them at Autozone in the help section usually ...

OP
OP
C

clownracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The big block has a bypass that runs from the intake to the pump like Vortec based small blocks and Mopar small blocks, I don't think that can just be plugged ...

There are different names, inlet/outlet fitting, heater hose adapter ... they sell them at Autozone in the help section usually ...

thanks retorq i picked em up today from autozone.....the 7.4 has 2 outlets on the waterpump one of mine is plugged the other runs under the thermostat im assuming the suburban had some use for it that my yukon does not

im slowly learning these american engines..... coming from a vw backround its so weird to be able to walk into autozone and pick up the part you need instead of tracking down some dealer in kansas that has the last part in stock in the whole country then having to pay shipping and wait 10 days to get it :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA