Help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok yes that could be a possibility because it didn't start doing it until I replaced the front 2 speakers so I see what your saying about the overload on the oem amp and I also tried adjusting the preamp on the HU and it still cuts off so do you think my best bet is just to bypass the oem amp and getting a aftermarket amp or can I get away with just hooking them straight to the HU
I'm surprised you got it to work at all. You can get a pretty good amp for less than what you spent on the speakers.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not really sure about the model numbers but im sure that they all are over 250 watts i know 2 of the 6.5 are 320w max so you might be on to something thanks alot for that now you think if i bypass the amp i should be ok cause ive seen alot of videos about bypassing it but they never said why they was doing it lol cause ive been doing research on this for like a week but cant pin point my problem so thanks for the insight
Adding a bunch of new speakers to a old factory amp seldom works properly.

OP
OP
mrtahoe42

mrtahoe42

Reaction score
You have replaced everything except the factory amp. Finish the install properly and get a new amp.
So is it best just to get a aftermarket amp and also you think putting crossovers on two of the will help the oem amp

Usmanhassan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi
Plz help i new to this forum

I bought tahoe 2009 150k miles driven few days back. When i was buying they did compture test it shows falt P0751 -00 shift solenoid 1 valve performance stuck off and tech told me its ok.
When i drive sometimes i feel a jerk when i move from the signal light and this happen not always
Do i need to fix it. If yes plz guide me on what to be done.
If not any precautions i should take like not driving bit fast or pressing accelerator.
Thanks

20200925_223032.jpg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is it best just to get a aftermarket amp and also you think putting crossovers on two of the will help the oem amp

If you purchase a decent aftermarket amp, the needed crossovers will be built into the amp, so no external crossovers will be required. It appears to me that the speakers that you selected are capable of providing sound across the entire sound spectrum.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi
Plz help i new to this forum

I bought tahoe 2009 150k miles driven few days back. When i was buying they did compture test it shows falt P0751 -00 shift solenoid 1 valve performance stuck off and tech told me its ok.
When i drive sometimes i feel a jerk when i move from the signal light and this happen not always
Do i need to fix it. If yes plz guide me on what to be done.
If not any precautions i should take like not driving bit fast or pressing accelerator.
Thanks

View attachment 258579
You need to start a new thread in the 2007-2014 Engine & Drivetrain section, not in the middle of a thread in the 1991-1999 Audio & Electronics section where the discussion is on an amp and speakers.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a problem with the speakers cuttting out when the bass comes in a song if i have the radio turned up could it be the factory amp is not strong enough to handle 6 aftermarket speakers i have in my 99 tahoe i have 2 6x9s kenwoods in the roof. 2 6.5 kenwoods in the back boors and 2 6.5 pioneer in the front door with a 7in android headunit i got off amazon

The factory Bose amp does indeed cut the bass the higher you turn up the volume to protect the speakers.