Help locating MBEC on my ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In our Tahoes/Yukons, GM calls it the relay block, and it's covered with a big black plastic piece that is to the left of the brake pedal.

Are you looking for RAP supply voltage? If so, you will have to go to the passenger side "fuse" block.

Look for the bottom corner plug, blue wire. If you do not have an OEM sunroof, then your plug will not be there and it will look like my pics:

dsc027.jpg

DSC028.jpg

If you don't have the plug there, then just go underneath and catch the wire from behind. Just meter the blue wire, as there are several blue wires in the bundle:

dsc029.jpg

This blue wire will give you 12V during the 10 min RAP session (or until you open a door/hatch), so an amp/subwoofer will still operate if you hook up the amp's remote wire to this blue wire.

I have my amp's remote wire and my motorola ihf1000 bluetooth kit ignition hooked up without a relay, and so far I have not had any problems. If I added anything else, I would probably use a relay.

This applies to 03-06. I don't know about 02 and earlier.

*EDIT*

FYI, you can catch the same blue wire at the BCM, which is under the steering wheel. (Gray connector B3)

Last edited:
OP
OP
TnTahoe

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info, that is exactly what I was looking for, so im looking to hook my new headunit up so which color wire should I run to the blue wire (red or yellow)
oh and I have an 2003 without sunroof

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whichever wire is labeled "ignition" for your aftermarket unit.

I don't know how important it is to you, but you can buy aftermarket harnesses (for the headunit) that allow you to retain RAP, door chimes, etc.

OP
OP
TnTahoe

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just didnt want to pay the for a harness thats retains rap and chimes, when my entire system will be powered by aftermarket amps, rap and chimes really arent important to me at all but it would be cool to have the rap

OP
OP
TnTahoe

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you still have your oem radio in???????????

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the OEM Navigation unit, so yes.

I just added a sub and amp with a LOC to work with the factory system.

OP
OP
TnTahoe

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked it out today and it worked like a charm, only sad thing is that my cigarette lighter plugs dont work when I removed the oem stereo but its cool I been removed the two up front so I will just wire the one in the back of the center console to that spot too, just wanted to tell you big thanks for the info

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked it out today and it worked like a charm, only sad thing is that my cigarette lighter plugs dont work when I removed the oem stereo but its cool I been removed the two up front so I will just wire the one in the back of the center console to that spot too, just wanted to tell you big thanks for the info

You're Welcome!

I am glad it worked out for you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n