Help identifying oil leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2K8Lade

Reaction score
I have an oil leak from my 2008 Escalade with 175k miles. It's on the driver's side rear of the valve cover. Initially I thought it was from the valve cover gasket but the cover looks wet as well. I attached a picture.

20191118_113814.jpg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's been lots of discussion threads on oil leaks and their sources.

The folks here on the Forum should be able to give you some pointers, regarding where the most likely sources are, that you should check out first.

Good luck!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the oil leak show up at the same time as the fluid on your brake booster?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Remember, with an oil leak that will leak more when oil is hot, that it also gets blown around from the air flow under the hood.

OP
OP

2K8Lade

Reaction score
I would say it probably did. I've heard that the pcv is an issue on these and I had planned to replace that valve cover with the revised one that uses less oil.

Isn't the oil pressure sending unit in the middle of the valley of the engine in the rear?

Also a check engine light has come on. I haven't gotten the codes read but it's running fine.

OP
OP

2K8Lade

Reaction score
Ended up being a P0442 code for an evap leak. So off topic a little now, they said it was a fuel tank pressure sensor. Thoughts?

On the oil leak I'll probably just have to start with the driver's side valve cover and trace down the leak.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157