Help, Hyper flash Escalade lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07denaliyuk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just replaced XL Denali lights with Escalade lights and the look awesome and were plug and play, BUT here’s my problem;

Left turn signal hyper flashes after about 5 seconds of use, blinker works just hyper flashes.

Right turn signal normal flashing. af622f3c053d75e2392eeabb8d9bc812.jpg

I have not yet unbolted and swapped the lights to see if it’s the light unit itself. I will also unhook the battery for 15 mins for a restart and see what that does.

Is there a different blinker relay I can replace? Cut in an in-line resister only on the right side, Or reprogram the bcm?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is no relay anymore it's all programmed into the BCM, you might need to get a resistor or a pair of resistors, not sure if there is any other method on the 15+

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We know an LED draws less so you could add resisters to increase the load,
but that does not explain why it is only on one side.

It will be interesting to hear the results when the lights are swapped.
actually I have read about this before specifically with the 15+ but I don't know what the fix is, I think it is a wiring issue.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just replaced XL Denali lights with Escalade lights and the look awesome and were plug and play, BUT here’s my problem;

Left turn signal hyper flashes after about 5 seconds of use, blinker works just hyper flashes.

Right turn signal normal flashing. af622f3c053d75e2392eeabb8d9bc812.jpg

I have not yet unbolted and swapped the lights to see if it’s the light unit itself. I will also unhook the battery for 15 mins for a restart and see what that does.

Is there a different blinker relay I can replace? Cut in an in-line resister only on the right side, Or reprogram the bcm?

Based on this pic here you’re stock XL Denali tail light is still installed on the left side (the one you’re saying is hyper flashing) and the new Escalade tail light is installed on the right.

Is the hyper flashing of your left tail light (stock Denali) based on how they’re installed in the pic or did you have BOTH Escalade tail lights installed (stock Denali lights completely removed) and this hyper flashing occurred?

The reason I ask is because clearly the Escalade tail light has more LED’s than a stock Denali LED tail light, so it’s probably safe to say it draws a little more power than the stock Denali tail light (still installed on the left hand side in this pic). Therefore the BCM could potentially think that since the left tail light (stock Denali) is drawing less power than the right (Escalade) that a bulb is burnt out therefore would default to hyper flashing.

Again if this is the case, go ahead and install the Escalade tail light on the left side so that the power draw is consistent from both left to right tail lights. If at that point the hyperflashing still occurs only on the left side, it would be safe to say that the left Escalade tail light has something wrong with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20