Help, anyone know about onstar problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drjohnp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know how to turn off my onstar. The voice comes on when I open the door and when I put the ignition key on and says onstar ready .... phone unavailable...goodby.

mad max

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just found this thread - my friend has the exact same problem and has been to the dealer and they don't know either. Its on an 05 tahoe. Never had onstar activated and his wife pushed the button the other day and it started. Nutzo

007fl

Reaction score
Have you called Onstar?
Sound to me like the subscription ran out and this is the message they use to hassle (uh,, remind) you with.
Worth a call to Onstar.......

glad2badad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any resolution regarding onstar message?

My apologies for resurrecting an older thread, but I wondering if there was a resolution on this. I'm having the exact same problem with my 05 Tahoe. Drives me nuts! I pushed a couple of buttons to see if I could change the display on the rearview mirror, and now I can't turn this message off. Arrrrg!

I've searched for information and one of the resources mentioned removing a fuse to shut it up. That actually works, but I worry about what else I'm killing and don't know about.

The fuse is located under the hood and in the manual is marked as 'Info'. See photos.

Any other suggestions?

DSCN1749_ForumPost-XL.jpg

DSCN1755_ForumPost-XL.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tim j