Hellwig Sway Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have installed the Hellwig 7685 Front and 7740 Rear sway bars today on my 18 Suburban Premier 4 WD. It is also lowered on Belltech 1019, 2" in the front and 3" in the rear. I bought the Moog K700538 (factory length spec) front sway bar links and they are about 1" too long. I have the Moog K700532 which are exactly 1" shorter on order and will install them as soon as I have time and weather permits. In the rear the factory sway bar end link is about 8-3/4" long center to center, I set the Hellwig sway bar end links as short as they would go, about 7-3/4" and at the center hole setting they are still about 1/2" too long. I will reach out to Hellwig to see if they have shorter rear end links.
in both cases you should be able to simply cut them shorter
the front should only require cutting the sleeve
the rear would require cutting both the bolt and threaded female side
**edit maybe not so much on the rear after looking at them again, not sure how much thread there is on the female portion

slupie

Reaction score
in both cases you should be able to simply cut them shorter
the front should only require cutting the sleeve
the rear would require cutting both the bolt and threaded female side
**edit maybe not so much on the rear after looking at them again, not sure how much thread there is on the female portion
For the fronts it is just easier to order the shorter ones. If you cut the sleeve on the Moog K700538 the thread of the bolt is not long enough. I couldn't find 3/8-16 X 3" Grade 8 bolts locally with enough thread so I would have to order online anyways. Amazon sells the K700532 for $7.64 each, I'll just have extra bushings and a nuts. In the rear the Hellwig sway bar link has a female sleeve and male stud, I have one threaded into the other as far as it will go. look at the pictures MrMonte posted in his thread, #30 https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...ith-some-swaybars-for-christmas.138640/page-3 the 4 pieces with big eyes at the top. The ones on the left thread into the ones on the right and you need to use the provided jam nut.

UPDATE - front sway bar is closer to being parallel with the ground after installing Moog K700532 - 4-1/4" end links. Could go another 1/2 shorter and it would be almost perfectly level. Can also use the Moog K700531 - 4" long end links and it will be even closer to being level. My '18 Suburban Premier 4WD is lowered on Belltech 1019 kit, 2" in front, 3" in the rear.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the fronts it is just easier to order the shorter ones. If you cut the sleeve on the Moog K700538 the thread of the bolt is not long enough. I couldn't find 3/8-16 X 3" Grade 8 bolts locally with enough thread so I would have to order online anyways. Amazon sells the K700532 for $7.64 each, I'll just have extra bushings and a nuts. In the rear the Hellwig sway bar link has a female sleeve and male stud, I have one threaded into the other as far as it will go. look at the pictures MrMonte posted in his thread, #30 https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...ith-some-swaybars-for-christmas.138640/page-3 the 4 pieces with big eyes at the top. The ones on teh left thread into the ones on the right and you need to use the provided jam nut.
ya I have them on my both my trucks and previous trucks just wasn't sure how much thread there was as mine have been on a for a while now and I am not lowered.
Usually what happens with the lowered trucks is the drivers side will end up hitting on the shock or shock mount so people use the shorter off-set end links but I guess it depends on the amount of the drop.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes he does, he needs the front end links, the rear ones that come with the hellwigs are adjustable, the front are not.
o/p you need a set of mevotech ttx or the autozone branded ones which are the same design as the mevotech.
you will still need to cut the center spacer but that is ok because the the bolt and nut is threaded from end to end so you can make them as short as you need to.
View attachment 390366

I just picked up a set of these and they’re not threaded end to end but they do have enough thread if you cut the spacer to 2”.

ED4CB90A-BEF1-4800-8246-523E33CE1B92.jpeg4D49FBD5-4498-474E-8A41-CA81790EC159.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt