Hello All. 1999 Chevy Tahoe Owner Here.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you guys using for rust prevention? Theres a place by me that charges 300 to undercoat the whole truck in fluid film. Is that a good deal?
My Suburban was undercoated prior to my purchasing it. But even that has become pretty compromised over the years. I drive that rig strictly during the heavily salted months around here. The Suburban is the "sacrifice" vehicle so we don't have to drive the Tahoe in those elements(it gets stored for the winter).

I have never used any type of rust protection on any of our vehicles however there is a local Krown Rust Control facility that sprays a protective oil on the undercarriage. Last I heard it was around $200 IIRC. Sounds like it's something that needs to be done nearly every season for it to be effective in the long haul.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Suburban was undercoated prior to my purchasing it. But even that has become pretty compromised over the years. I drive that rig strictly during the heavily salted months around here. The Suburban is the "sacrifice" vehicle so we don't have to drive the Tahoe in those elements(it gets stored for the winter).

I have never used any type of rust protection on any of our vehicles however there is a local Krown Rust Control facility that sprays a protective oil on the undercarriage. Last I heard it was around $200 IIRC. Sounds like it's something that needs to be done nearly every season for it to be effective in the long haul.
Right. Probably the same fluid film or woolwax stuff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019