HELLLLLLP!!!!! My TRUCK BROKE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea....wtf...today at lunch, I get in my truck, leave the parking lot and stomp on it...Im at about 20 and it didnt downshift into first..I was like...wtf? so I made sure my AC was off...made sure I wasnt driving with the parking brake on...so I try it a few more times...it WONT automatically DROP into first gear..

it starts out in first and shifts up correctly...and I can manually downshift into first from 35mph and below..but it wont kick down when I punch it....

so I took it to a muffler shop where I had my exhaust done, he sent me to his buddies who works at an Engine/Transmission shop...he hooked his Snap-On computer thing up to it and we drove around...it said something bout a bad PWM solenoid...he said that "seems" like it could be the issue...so the solenoid is $30...labor is $100

I also asked him bout Servos...he had some Corvette Servos and he also has the Super Servo..made by Fairbanks? he said he would have to drill holes for the feet?...anyways, he said...for the PWM Solenoid, Super Servo, Shift Kit, and Labor...it would cost $400...

1st...what do you think about my first issue?

2nd...what about the deal?

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
2nd opinion. If the other opinion matches with the 1st, then you know he's telling the truth. Also you can then shop around to find the best price for the repairs.

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, I know what 2nd opinion is..but I mean..what do YOU guys think? on A) Not downshifting into first...

and B) what do you guys think bout the Super Servo and Shift Kit?

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
DTC P1571 - Traction Control Torque Request Circuit
DTC P0157 - H02S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 2

These are the two codes the Snap-On Computer pulled up...
(no engine/transmission lights are coming on in dash yet)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn