Heavy duty rear shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

63Blackseries

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup i was aware OP didn't want airbags but to me that was the onlyway for zero sag, to be honest it was the best budget friendly and easiest thing ive installed on my driveway.

Bought the airlift1000 kit watched a few youtube videos and went at it, saved me $200 install price at 4 wheel parts, to fill i just fill up from the garage compressor or carry a portable one.

OP
OP
E

Erock7625

Reaction score
An update on this, I went with Biltstein shocks and Moog HD springs, the springs measured about 17” relaxed and were several inches taller than the old worn stock springs. I went with the Moog as there were constant rate vs variable rate which would help carry the load better as variable tend to be weaker for the first part of their compression. End result is about a 1” lift in the back that isn’t noticeable and it rides basically the same but should help a lot when the vehicle is loaded up with gear and will hopefully minimal sag otherwise air bags it is.

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night I installed the Moog 81071 springs on my Z55 Yukon (Arnott air shocks and Bilstein 4600 front) Easy, disconnected an air line to a shock, removed lower shock bolts, removed upper sway bar link bolts. Jack up one side the spring just falls out. Isolators were surprisingly in good shape.

Out the truck, the Moog were a hair shorter side by side to the worn out springs with 286k miles. Ride wise it much better and not swaying side to side on the road, its not sagging and the air pump doesn't run every time I start the truck. They are not overly firm, probably what factory was like. The raised the rear maybe 1" after settling down over night. Im curious what the ACDelco 45H2165 pro springs ride like since they have a variable spring rate vs the Moog's constant rate. Overall Im happy and towing should be more enjoyable and less floaty feeling.

ETA: Oops, wrong subforum. I will repost in the NBS. Sorry.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3