Heater core woe - but stuff is off now!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S1nemesis1s

S1nemesis1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 05 yukon denali and I just did this repair not 3 weeks ago and mine took the 47165 5/8" coupling/ 5/8" barbed fitting. I suspect you arent pushing hard enough or need to lube the oring in the coupling with coolant.
Go down or call a local GM Parts Dept. with your VIN# and they can tell you what goes on your 04. With the GM part# we can convert it to a Dorman if you publish those numbers.

I will do it for sure! It seemed that those 47165's were just bottomed out on the T's. I remember pressing pretty hard, but you are probably right, I probably needed some lube and to press harder...(hahahahah, I know I am a child lol :D) I will report back, thank you all!

OP
OP
S1nemesis1s

S1nemesis1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As expected, the connector broke when I tried to get i off:(

I took everything to another AutoZone in my town and they just looked at me like I was stupid and tried to sell me a dorman 800-409 which does not work...

Went to my local Chevy dealer, near my work, and took the parts in. Guy was like, "never seen one, not sure what they are." I explained and even showed him pictures of my car, he looked in "his system," and did not see anything lol.

At this point I give up, I could try bumper to bumper but they are only open when I am at work and they said they need to see it before ordering anything.

So, I guess they are going on, without the extra connector, and I will just clamp heater hose to them. I really hope this works. Next time I am just going to take my truck into a Chevy dealership and point and ask because this is crazy. As popular as these trucks are, especially in my neck of the woods, you would think this would be common knowledge. lol

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autzone and your local GM stealership are complete morons. Autozone online shows all of the fittings under heater hose section. http://www.autozone.com/cooling-hea...tahoe-4wd/2004/8-cylinders-z-5-3l-mfi-ffv-ohv Im not even going to post a link to the gm website stuff. The parts counter guy there is as dumb as a rock. I would have asked for his supervisor.
Just take your stuff in to any auto parts store and tell them you need to see their dorman quick connects for GM. I dont know if you have advance auto parts around you but they stock them out on the sales floor. Go figure out which one matches up to your stuff. I bet its the 47165 which is a blister pack part#.
Measure the diameter of the plastic male fitting that you are dealing with and that will tell you which one you need.

OP
OP
S1nemesis1s

S1nemesis1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autzone and your local GM stealership are complete morons. Autozone online shows all of the fittings under heater hose section. http://www.autozone.com/cooling-hea...tahoe-4wd/2004/8-cylinders-z-5-3l-mfi-ffv-ohv Im not even going to post a link to the gm website stuff. The parts counter guy there is as dumb as a rock. I would have asked for his supervisor.
Just take your stuff in to any auto parts store and tell them you need to see their dorman quick connects for GM. I dont know if you have advance auto parts around you but they stock them out on the sales floor. Go figure out which one matches up to your stuff. I bet its the 47165 which is a blister pack part#.
Measure the diameter of the plastic male fitting that you are dealing with and that will tell you which one you need.

I totally agree with you and I think I will do this. I do have an advance auto parts but its going to be a while before I can get out to it. I am hoping they will have what I need. That is my best bet. If those do not work out, I am just going to "delete them." I went to Napa and they called Dorman for me and they said they make nothing that fits onto them, which is weird.

OP
OP
S1nemesis1s

S1nemesis1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So went with my wife to Bumper to Bumper this morning and they fixed us right up with a Doman 800-403. It took on spray of silicone and BAM on nice and tight. Hope my pain and help someone else out. 04 Tahoe Z71 rear air and heat. Below is all you need to replace your heater core connectors.

Dorman 800-414 Heater Hose Connector

Dorman 800-413 Heater Hose Connector

Dorman 800-403

OP
OP
S1nemesis1s

S1nemesis1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hahahaha glad you go it worked out.

Me too! Its was getting a little silly there. Now I have replaced all the hoses, water pump, thermostat, heater core connectors...tomorrow I fill with fluid because I did use some RTV and I want to give it time to cure.

CdnDenali

Reaction score
I just snapped the end off mine while removing the passenger side engine cover. I hope this applies to my application and hope my local Bumper To Bumper has Dorman # 800-403 in stock in the morning. Thanks S1nemesis1s for sharing

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just snapped the end off mine while removing the passenger side engine cover. I hope this applies to my application and hope my local Bumper To Bumper has Dorman # 800-403 in stock in the morning. Thanks S1nemesis1s for sharing
Want to put that shit back together quick? Take your pinky finger and put a dab of general purpose chassis grease in the inner diameter of the quick connect where the orings are. Wipe it all around in there and your fitting will go right on.

CdnDenali

Reaction score
Thanks but too late, I just used some spit, lol, she was tough inserting at first. Was on the fence about using lube thinking it might harm the O-ring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz