Heater Core Connector Tee, Which Size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the mfrs show a 111mm and a 113mm .. So which is the correct one?
And how do I know without removing it first ??
2014 Yukon Denali XL 6.2 w rear air/heat

Thanks !!!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I searched all channels that I know about. GM 15055343=111mm GM 15055342=113mm

RA offers both for these numbers 800413=111mm and 800414=113mm, both for $3.80 ea.
These appear to be made by Dorman.

I did find this though: "This is the WHITE connector (which is for the return line from the Suburban's 2 heater cores back to the engine) not the BLACK connector (which is the supply line).

The white connector appears to be 111mm and the black is 113mm.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO, I have BOTH ??? If that's the case, that's easy.. I'll order both !!
and change at the same time... I thought there was only 1. So I learn something new every day !!

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
SO, I have BOTH ??? If that's the case, that's easy.. I'll order both !!
and change at the same time... I thought there was only 1. So I learn something new every day !!

Here is something else new for you to learn about today... lol

Billet GM Heater Core Coolant Tees - Gruven Parts
https://www.gruvenparts.com/billet-gm-heater-core-coolant-tees/

Yes they are considerably more expensive than the cheap plastic ones BUT... you will never have to change them or worry about them breaking and leaving you stranded somewhere again... or worse yet overheating and blowing up your engine... cheap insurance in my opinion.

OP
OP
F

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did some research with the other thread on the Gruven Htr Connections..I'm just not sure about them.. I read that they are hard to install and the barb length needs to be longer ..IDK..
I figured I'd just do the oem replacements on the cheap about every 5 years
or so...
Do the gruvens need to have 2 of these $79.00 Tees ??

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I would bet they do one size, either 111mm or 113mm, fits all because they are sliding a rubber hose on the end and using hose clamps. Could be wrong though.

kbuskill

Reaction score
I did some research with the other thread on the Gruven Htr Connections..I'm just not sure about them.. I read that they are hard to install and the barb length needs to be longer ..IDK..
I figured I'd just do the oem replacements on the cheap about every 5 years
or so...
Do the gruvens need to have 2 of these $79.00 Tees ??

Yes, you need two.

I'm not certain where you read the barb length needs to be longer. I am the guy who pitched the idea to Paul at Gruven to start making these. I sent him all the specs and parts to get all the dimensions from. I am still currently running the first edition of these without a barb on the side facing the engine and have had ZERO issues. He sent me the new version, with barbs on all 3 sides, after I recommended it to him just for added peace of mind.

The coolant system only runs about 15 psi so it probably wasn't necessary to add the other barb. I will eventually swap out for the revised set I have.

They can be a little tricky to install but nothing to extreme if you are decent with turning wrenches.

If you do end up with that supercharger you are talking about in your profile page you definitely will not want to be swapping those plastic connectors every few years.

Anyway... your choice... I just wanted to make sure you were aware of all the options.

kbuskill

Reaction score
I would bet they do one size, either 111mm or 113mm, fits all because they are sliding a rubber hose on the end and using hose clamps. Could be wrong though.

Correct.

The only real difference between the white and black connectors is there is a slight difference in the angle in which the rear heater lines come off the main line... and of course the 2mm difference in length. They can be used interchangeably though.

OP
OP
F

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the Gruvin Tee online for $79 is for TWO Tees ???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98