Heated Steering wheel upgrade for 2010 GMC Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the part number I'd need is 22947767, which is out of stock literally everywhere, including Rockauto. When I checked car-part I only found one and I wasn't thrilled with the condition. Also don't want an Escalade wheel to get the wrong color backlights, which limits the search. I'm sure one will turn up eventually, not like these vehicles were ultra-rare.
Humph. Rock Auto says 22947799 is for heated steering wheel cars but every other reference I can find for it shows it lacking the heat button. Oh well. Sorry for the miss.

FatBob

Reaction score
I put an Escalade heated wheel in my 2011 Silverado. I did not care for the plastic part of the wheel rim. I could not find just black leather. It had a very dark brown leather that looked good in my truck. I do not remember if the lighted controls were a different color. I sold the truck last year, so I cannot check.
There is a write up in GM Trucks.com

AirJordan613

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put an Escalade heated wheel in my 2011 Silverado. I did not care for the plastic part of the wheel rim. I could not find just black leather. It had a very dark brown leather that looked good in my truck. I do not remember if the lighted controls were a different color. I sold the truck last year, so I cannot check.
There is a write up in GM Trucks.com
Thanks for the info! Good news is that spring is around the corner, meaning this is already looking like a summer project anyway. So, have some time to be patient. If fall rolls around, I might be willing to be more open to other colors to gain that functionality for next cold season.

FatBob

Reaction score
What color are you looking for? If black, you might consider getting a gray or light brown and dye it black.

AirJordan613

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What color are you looking for? If black, you might consider getting a gray or light brown and dye it black.
Yes, black. I may have found one from a part-out - waiting on more photos to better ascertain the condition. Good idea on gray/brown though, will definitely have to keep that option in my back pocket.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Called a dealer and looks like every single new steering wheel in the country was purchased and have been on backorder ever since with no ETA. So probably need to keep an eye out for a gently used wheel if I’m going to make the project happen.
22947767 (black, no wood trim/heated) is the correct number, you can thank several of us members here for clearing out the last of the known new oem stock on these about 3 years ago :shrug: one may pop up on ebay from time to time usually at a mark up, if you search that part number on ebay and then save the search then ebay will email you if one happens to gets listed new or used.

AirJordan613

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20230304_204416345_iOS.jpg

Was able to hunt one down sooner than I thought! Found a really nice one out of a '14 Tahoe! I have clockspring 25966964 on order, so should have everything I need to give it a go in my '09. This wheel is actually in a little better shape than my current wheel, so that's awesome.

FatBob

Reaction score
Picture is the harness I made for my 2011 Silverado to connect the column side of the clockspring to the under-dash Junction Block, cavity x14. This is for switch power and a ground.
I am not sure if the Tahoe has this Junction Block and an empty x14 spot for a connector. P1090040.JPGP1090041.JPG

AirJordan613

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picture is the harness I made for my 2011 Silverado to connect the column side of the clockspring to the under-dash Junction Block, cavity x14. This is for switch power and a ground.
I am not sure if the Tahoe has this Junction Block and an empty x14 spot for a connector. View attachment 393642View attachment 393643

Where did you get the connectors/ends? And which PIN numbers on x14?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts