Heated seat buttons. STUPID LOCATION!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live in west Florida north of Sarasota. Heated seats are not necessary... ever!!

So, my 2005 Yukon XL SLT has that wonderful option. But, why did they put those buttons, on the side, right next to the window switches?? It is easy to bump them and turn them on..

Can I just remove the fuse for them?? And if so, where is the fuse? And if I remove the fuse, will I get a code?

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
I don't think there's a specific fuse for the heated portion. IIRC it's more or less a master fuse for all the functions. You can pop off the door panel and unplug the buttons. Or you can unplug the heated seat elements under the seat and tie the wires out of the way

I'm a little curious how you bump them on though, can't say I've ever had that happen

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Happens to me, too, sometimes when I reach over to lower or raise the window. Or I hit the seat memory button and the seat starts to move, even though the memory recall is turned off in the DIC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz