Headliners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Tahoe has one of those overhead DVD Players that I don't use or want. I'm getting ready to remove the headliner to have someone redo the fabric on it. Is it safe to cover that hole it's installed in or will I need to buy (or pull from a junkyard) a headliner mold without that accessory spot? Has anyone done that?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
talk to the people redoing the fabric they may be able to do it so its clean looking. only issue i could see is thats probably the typical spot for the rear overhead dome light. besides adding a light there it also helps support the center of the headliner. covering the hole with something light yet firm enough then maybe adding a bit of fiberglass to hold it together. then you could add a simple screw with a color matching plastic cap. or if they can add the same idea in and you can add the rear dome light in place of the dvd player.

select127

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to do the same in my Yukon. Ripped dvd player and headliner out. Got a regular headliner from junk yard and had it covered. Only thing is you may have to swap some wiring and ac ducts. May also have to cut some extra holes if I remember correctly.

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're having a shop recover it they should know how to fill the hole. I used a thick cardboard (used for door panels) to fill mine then used gorilla tape to hide the seams. Once it's covered you can't see it at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT