Has anyone replaced those dreaded Bridgestone's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woodman-LTZ15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just put on a set of Vogue Signature V Blacks on mine. Way better ride and snow handling....

thebishman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So im curious has anyone tested these Premier LTX's on snow/ice yet because here in lovely freezing Massachusetts it gets quite messy in the winter, I'd be curious to see because the quietness you guys are stating these tires are sounds great but id worry about how they handle come snow/ice

In your case go with the Michelin Defenders.

Belqasem

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why folks Here doesn't happy with Bridgeston although this tire get high scores on most tires reviews even more than Micheline in some websites. Are our SUV's doesn't compatible with it ?

OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why folks Here doesn't happy with Bridgeston although this tire get high scores on most tires reviews even more than Micheline in some websites. Are our SUV's doesn't compatible with it ?
It appears that the tire one buys from say Tire Rack and the one that comes OE on the truck are different quality tires although very similar.
It is similar to electronics. You may look at 2- 60" Sony tv's that seem identical however the one Wal-Mart sells may have a C on the end of the model number. This notates it was manufactured just for Wal-Mart and is lacking certain features or sub-standard quality to allow them to sell it for less.

I can promise you that there is no way, no how the Bridgestones that came on my truck would beat the Michelin's in any test what so ever. Yes, the Michelin's are noticeably night and day better.

Burby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a ton of miles on the Michelin LTX M/S2 on my old 4Runner. They were quiet and solid in the rain. Got them from Tirerack in 2010. They were just OK in the snow. I like the OEM ones on my burban but would not hesitate to go with Michelin LTX M/S2 when time to replace.

Spartanator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you guys referring to Alenza or non-Alenza Duelers? I have 285/45/22 Alenzas with CK190s and I haven't had any issues with them.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Spartanator , mine were dueler alenzas on stock nbs Denali 17s on my 2006. And they were absolute crap. The GMC dealership I bought my denali from put new tires all the way around because They couldn't sell it on bald tires. They put new OEM duelers on and they developed flat spots after only 2 months of sitting on the dealerships lot before I bought. Once the flat spots evened out from me driving every day, they were still noisy and had terrible vibration constantly, didn't corner for anything and slipped in even just a little bit of moisture. Have not had any issues wheel or tire wise since putting on Michelin LTX A/T2s on in my of 2015.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia