Has anyone done this modification?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Things that you will never see IMHO:Handshake:

How do you know if you've never done this mod and didn't even know if it was possible before this thread???

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"looking professional" doesn't always equal good quality or intelligent design :deal:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
amen to that Jacob. I'd love to know the thoughts behind the genius that ran exhaust tubing so close to the spare with no heat shield whatsoever. Even if it had heatshields, its still entirely too close.

That exhaust is from an aftermarket Hummer H2 setup (where the spare is mounted on the back cargo door, NOT underneath the vehicle), which I am sure you know OP. According to GM Engineering, that kit will bolt on to a tahoe (as pictured) but there are harnesses that are too close to the exhaust that can cause issues in the future. Without citing specifics, that is exactly what I was told.

On a second note, according to the many "anonymous" pictures and stories we've heard about this particular setup, that entire setup was scrapped "because it looked too ricey" which probably means "the owner smelled alot of burning rubber and wanted it removed ASAP."

OP
OP
M

messy

Banned
Reaction score
No offence but I honestly think that some people are a bunch of haters cause don't got nothing from him like photos or ideas just guessing

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No offence but I honestly think that some people are a bunch of haters cause don't got nothing from him like photos or ideas just guessing

Sir, we are just giving you facts based on research and knowledge that we've gathered either by working on these rigs or by learning from others who have attempted these modifications. You started this thread to get information about this modification. You can either use this information and put it to good use to make good, informed decisions or you can do your own thing and move on.

Based on your response I can see this thread is no longer going anywhere productive so it is being closed but I will keep it up as it holds good info for others who might be looking into doing this mod.

Thank you :Handshake:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dev00

Latest posts