Growing up doesn't have to suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work!

Thank you!

I'd like to update that the driver's window is now working even better than it did right after I repaired and reassembled it. I'd say this is because the grease is now better distributed and coated on the tracks.

I have another small mod to do that involves removing the door panels, so I'm going to clean and lubricate the other three regulators as preventative maintenance.

I'd also like to report that I'm STILL not used to the new motor mounts and am continuing to be reserved when accelerating.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Just finished installing those H3 mounts and stock trans mount. The driver side was an effin' BREEZE compared to the passenger side. Gonna clean up then take 'er for a victory lap.

Just curious where you bought the H3 mount from... I found out my drivers side mount is shot again... oh joy.

Gone slap the hummer mount in and call it done... hopefully for good.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious where you bought the H3 mount from... I found out my drivers side mount is shot again... oh joy.

Gone slap the hummer mount in and call it done... hopefully for good.

Rock Auto. Pretty sure it was the first time I ever bought from them. It's tough to beat an Amazon Prime account, but RA took the win this time with price, availability, AND a 5% discount code on top of that. I've now added them to my list of sources.

Didn't I buy a blown mount from you? If I can remember that, it surely wasn't very long ago. At least the driver's side is the easy one!

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Rock Auto. Pretty sure it was the first time I ever bought from them. It's tough to beat an Amazon Prime account, but RA took the win this time with price, availability, AND a 5% discount code on top of that. I've now added them to my list of sources.

Didn't I buy a blown mount from you? If I can remember that, it surely wasn't very long ago. At least the driver's side is the easy one!

You most definitely got some from me and that was maybe 2 ish years ago as I recall.

I will definitely be replacing mine with the H3 mount.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You most definitely got some from me and that was maybe 2 ish years ago as I recall.

I will definitely be replacing mine with the H3 mount.

Ok. It was you I got two from and someone else I got one from.

Regardless, two years is way too short a life for a motor mount!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How come the H3 mounts are so much beefier looking?! I would think that a tahoe or burb being a bigger truck would already those beefier motor mounts given that’s a bigger truck with a bigger motor? Why does the H3 have bigger?

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How come the H3 mounts are so much beefier looking?! I would think that a tahoe or burb being a bigger truck would already those beefier motor mounts given that’s a bigger truck with a bigger motor? Why does the H3 have bigger?

I think they're about the same size, just the shape and design is much different. The stock mount is hydraulic, meaning it's basically a thick rubber bladder filled with fluid to absorb vibrations. It's a weak design, though. The H3 mount is more of a traditional design with solid rubber encapsulated by a metal shell.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Bigbeardenali1992 Chase, just want to make sure you know stock in @iamdub pic is on the left and new h3 is on the right.