Growing up doesn't have to suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The part in the picture is part of the pump. Once you remove the snap ring, there are springs and things under it. The ISS plug is located in that square section but the actual sensor is further down on the pump, right where the input shaft goes through

Here are some pics of mine. The black part in the hole is the harness plug. On the pump, you can see the harness and sensor. After thinking on it, you may be able to buy a pump half with that provision, if the other half of your pump is ok.

Just wanted to clear that up for future lurkers stealing your hard research like me...

View attachment 271882 View attachment 271883 View attachment 271884

edit: you are looking down at the spot the arrow is pointing to. The snap ring is under that harness clip. Circled is the actual sensor
View attachment 271886

one more effing edit:

you can see the sensor in the upper left corner. Sorry for the random pics and 10 edits, I’m just filtering through the few I took during disassembly

View attachment 271890

Those pics remind me of somebody I watch on YT. Dude is cool as shit. He's actually out having some serious surgery right now. :(

https://www.youtube.com/user/click482003

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The part in the picture is part of the pump. Once you remove the snap ring, there are springs and things under it. The ISS plug is located in that square section but the actual sensor is further down on the pump, right where the input shaft goes through

Here are some pics of mine. The black part in the hole is the harness plug. On the pump, you can see the harness and sensor. After thinking on it, you may be able to buy a pump half with that provision, if the other half of your pump is ok.

Just wanted to clear that up for future lurkers stealing your hard research like me...

View attachment 271882 View attachment 271883 View attachment 271884

edit: you are looking down at the spot the arrow is pointing to. The snap ring is under that harness clip. Circled is the actual sensor
View attachment 271886

one more effing edit:

you can see the sensor in the upper left corner. Sorry for the random pics and 10 edits, I’m just filtering through the few I took during disassembly

View attachment 271890

Ah! Thanks for the clarification. I thought the sensor went in that hole. Now I see that they just used that square cast-in window as a dual purpose- to access that cap and as a place for the ISS's harness connector to sit. If it had an ISS, I wouldn't have been able to see that cap and snap ring

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
****** truth.

Hope mine works when I get it back together:(

At the rate things are moving for both of us, you'll have yours together and a few miles on it to know if something's wrong long before I've dived into mine. I still gotta find me a 55"+ TV for the shop to use as a monitor to follow that video. My 70" crapped out a while back. :(

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the rate things are moving for both of us, you'll have yours together and a few miles on it to know if something's wrong long before I've dived into mine. I still gotta find me a 55"+ TV for the shop to use as a monitor to follow that video. My 70" crapped out a while back. :(

If you had a 70" you can't downgrade to a 55" :eek:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score

As soon as Caseys dad gets over the rona, its going back together. I don't want to be at their residence until that shit gets cleared up.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you had a 70" you can't downgrade to a 55" :eek:

I agree! But I'm also not trying to be greedy. The 55" will fit better where I'd be doing the work. I need it to be like a dedicated rebuild "studio". I'll have other uses for the 55" afterwards and then I'll get another 65"-70". My eyes are old and being able to look up pics and read .pdfs for torque specs, etc. from across the shop is a huge help.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree! But I'm also not trying to be greedy. The 55" will fit better where I'd be doing the work. I need it to be like a dedicated rebuild "studio". I'll have other uses for the 55" afterwards and then I'll get another 65"-70". My eyes are old and being able to look up pics and read .pdfs for torque specs, etc. from across the shop is a huge help.

So uh totally unrelated but, the black and machined face 22s you had on before are the current losers in my research for OEM wheel weights. They are the heaviest I've seen at an estimated 50-52lbs each.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So uh totally unrelated but, the black and machined face 22s you had on before are the current losers in my research for OEM wheel weights. They are the heaviest I've seen at an estimated 50-52lbs each.

I hate black wheels but those were my favorite that he's had on it so far

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sounds about right. They even look like they'd be heavy. That wheel and tire combo is exactly 11lbs heavier than my declads and Eagle LS-2 combo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84

Latest posts