Griots vs Adams - ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
Both companies make similiar products from what I have seen...some are pretty much identical.

Has anyone used both and can comment??

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After using many premium, off the shelf products over the years, last year I purchased the Griots random orbital polisher and a slew of their detailing products. This year I decided to try the Adams products after reading a lot about them on various automotive forums. For what its worth, here is my experience...

The Griots RO polisher is a great detailing tool and I think most would say is superior to the Porter Cable machine that is its main competitor. I hear that the Flex machine that Adams now sells is a very good polisher too. I had very good results with Griots clay and liquid Machine Polish when correcting my swirled up paint. Anyone who owns an early NBS Tahoe in the dark metallic green color, knows what a PIA it is to maintain! Griots Best of Show wax I was less impressed with. I found it difficult to remove with MF towels. The depth of shine was good, but there was some streaking and haziness in areas that I had to redo. It did seem to last (bead water) the entire summer. I was well pleased with the results of their Under Carriage spray and tire dressing products.

Adams products gave very good results as well. I didn't try their Machine Polish, as I still had a lot of Griots left from last year. I really liked the results of applying Adams Machine Super Sealant and Brillant Glaze after polishing. I found these products to go on and take off easily and didn't leave hard to remove residue on trim work. I haven't tried their Buttery Wax yet but it gets rave reviews from most everyone. I think a big plus for Adams is their online community (forums) and lots of detailed instructional videos that are available for the use of all their products. A lot of pro and semi-pro detailers frequent their forums and provide a lot of good advice.

Bottom line: I think both have very good products but I plan on sticking with mostly Adams products in the future. Go to Youtube and search Junkman Detailing...prepare to be amazed!

OP
OP
S

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
Jem - great info, thank you!

What makes one polisher (i.e. Griots, Porter, etc) superior to another?

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jem - great info, thank you!

What makes one polisher (i.e. Griots, Porter, etc) superior to another?

The main difference is the Griots has a 7 amp motor and the PC has a 4.5 amp. There are other ergo differences that make me prefer the Griots. Here is a link for a side by side comparison http://guidetodetailing.com/buyers-guides/car-polisher-buyers-guide/

The Flex machine is forced drive and may be superior to both, but I have no hands on experience to say.

Oh yeah, one more thing... Griots also sells a mini 3" polisher but what they don't like to advertise is you can order a 3rd party 3" backing plate and install on the 6" polisher and get the same capability without having to purchase another machine.

Last edited:

Diggerdan11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The main difference is the Griots has a 7 amp motor and the PC has a 4.5 amp. There are other ergo differences that make me prefer the Griots. Here is a link for a side by side comparison http://guidetodetailing.com/buyers-guides/car-polisher-buyers-guide/

The Flex machine is forced drive and may be superior to both, but I have no hands on experience to say.

Oh yeah, one more thing... Griots also sells a mini 3" polisher but what they don't like to advertise is you can order a 3rd party 3" backing plate and install on the 6" polisher and get the same capability without having to purchase another machine.

Adams has amazing products. I have recently switched. My Father use to use nothing buy Griots on his Chevelle, but after watching videos and seeing what other people have had to say he decided to switch, and he is very happy with the results, and so am I

Yes the Flex machine is a supirior product, but is less user friendly escpecially if you are not a pro. I love my PC it has done amazing things to my Dads Chevelle and his BMW. Im going to use it on my truck and tahoe very soon

Adams also make 4" pads that fit with the PC they are great for getting into smaller places that the larger (i think they are 6 3/4") cant. You can also use the 4" pads with a variable speed drill to nock down scratches that a PC or Flex can not touch

OP
OP
S

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
Great info all around., thank you.

If anyone is interested, AdvanceAuto now carries Griots and if you use the coupon ($40 off a purchase of $100) plus free shipping...it's a pretty solid deal.

I've been hanging around the Adam's forums and the people there are amazingly kind and helpful. The videos are great and one of the members even offered (he lives near me) to stop by and give me some advice for my Tahoe.

Based on my time in Adam's forums I think i'm going to start with their polishing system and go from there. I couldn't resist 40% of Griots, so i bought my towels, soap, bucket, tire cleaner and something else from there. For all my "heavy" items (i.e. pads, polishes, waxes) I'm going to try Adam's.

I've heard pros/cons from sources outside this forum and it seems to be split 50/50 on who to use. For me, the Adam's forums and the friendly locals are getting me to try their products. I'm a newb to this, so the support is the big differentiator for me (but I'm not saying Griots also doesn't have good support - i just got hooked on Adams first)

04lade

Reaction score
i have no experience with griots, but i do with adams and i am nothing but amazed at the quality and effectiveness of there products. There forum is very helpful as well as the videos that they have on there. Ive used there green, orange, white, black pads on my PC with the corresponding polishes and have had no issues. The Machine super wax is amazing as well, has been on the truck for about 3 months and water still beads up like i just applied it. There detail spray is super, the waterless wash they have is amazing i just cant say enough good things about my adams products only ones that will ever touch my lade. Cant wait to purchase some of there americana paste wax and put that on top of the MSW. hope that helps even though im kinda biased lol since ive never tried any griots products.

Diggerdan11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have no experience with griots, but i do with adams and i am nothing but amazed at the quality and effectiveness of there products. There forum is very helpful as well as the videos that they have on there. Ive used there green, orange, white, black pads on my PC with the corresponding polishes and have had no issues. The Machine super wax is amazing as well, has been on the truck for about 3 months and water still beads up like i just applied it. There detail spray is super, the waterless wash they have is amazing i just cant say enough good things about my adams products only ones that will ever touch my lade. Cant wait to purchase some of there americana paste wax and put that on top of the MSW. hope that helps even though im kinda biased lol since ive never tried any griots products.

MSW is a great product and it last forever.

What colors are your vehicles? Americana is amazing on dark colors

wardo

Reaction score
Adams for the last 3 years baby.
I've have almost everything they sell, except the new was mit.

Go with adams, if you are not into full blow detailing do not buy a pc or flex. start with clay, some light hand polishing, then some glaze and then the topper americana paste wax.

You will love it.

here are a few before and after shots from the tahoe. the 3rd pic is after the 4th.
detail spray will sleep in the bed with you, smells so good.

Attachments

• 2-72D0D00C-1681836-800.jpg
    2-72D0D00C-1681836-800.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 2-965BA57C-2538993-800.jpg
    2-965BA57C-2538993-800.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 2-5D2C79BD-1736422-800.jpg
    2-5D2C79BD-1736422-800.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 2-85CDE031-1749680-800.jpg
    2-85CDE031-1749680-800.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
S

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
nice wardo!

I've compiled my list of products I'm going to buy from them after watching all the videos. It seems pretty amazing what their products can and covers just about everything i'm looking for...just wish it wasn't so damn expensive!!

I have a PC so I'm heading into the entry level detailing world!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10