Grinding noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yes, it can happen, but that also could be left over from the old belt. Best if you post pics here of what you are seeing.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the part where the belt is gripping the pulley?
it can happen from wear or if the pulley is a tiny hair out of spec maybe if it does it's usually just from a outer edge of the belt, my alternator pulley has done that before if it is a lot it might be a concern but it's just a tiny bit I wouldn't worry about it.
like stated post some pics and we can help make a determination, you just click on the photo frame above to the right of the chain links

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: there was a spacer behind the pulley that was making it stick out just a hair to far… (the spacer, screw and mount were from the old pulley)
I removed the spacer and reinstalled the new pulley and now the belt sits correctly on the pulley with no over hang.

Edit: Here’s what I did

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So long as the bearing spins freely, I would say NO. I looked at my old bearing, and it had a much thicker spacer. Probably goes with whatever bearing they decided to use in the pulley.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505