Grinding/Clicking noise during hard acceleration or hard cornering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure its either my shocks or axle. Any suggestions on how to test to differentiate which? It seems to come from only driver front or both front sides. Truck too big and i think these shocks too advanced to do the bounce test.

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure its either my shocks or axle. Any suggestions on how to test to differentiate which? It seems to come from only driver front or both front sides. Truck too big and i think these shocks too advanced to do the bounce test.

That sounds more like hubs or bearings to me. Clicking? Once, twice, or constantly until you let off?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
while moving, it doesnt make the sound if you WOT. It only happens when you start from a still or very slow pace then go kind of hard or harder. I'll try to get it on video.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After listening again, its not really a grind you would hear form a bearing. Its more like a rub and as you floor it, it keeps the sound until a certain speed, it goes away. It was hard for me to hear it in the video though. Its like a rub of some sort, not a grind. Almost like springs are rubbing.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just watched the video again and its kind of useless lol because the sound is a little covered by the intake and wind....but its definitely there :(

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Few things I discovered.

1) Sound only comes from driver side no matter what angle I accelerate at
2) It sounds more like a RUB and vibration rather than a grind
3) May still be hard to hear in video but you can hear how car is a little louder in the begining of the acceleration. Accelerations at faster speeds dont cause this and I can avoid the rub by easing on the gas instead of going so hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne