Got the dreaded slow tank fill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
No pellets anywhere, not even in the line going to the engine. Really why I am stumped now. So, the tank has to be plugged somewhere.

I would still unplug the lines from the canister and try filling the tank. If the problem persists then it is either the tank itself OR perhaps one of the lines attached to the tank is pinched or plugged somehow.

OP
OP
09_4WD_YUKON

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would still unplug the lines from the canister and try filling the tank. If the problem persists then it is either the tank itself OR perhaps one of the lines attached to the tank is pinched or plugged somehow.

Lol, it's full right now! So I'll have to try that later.

Aeterna

Reaction score
Im probably Mr. Obvious. But I had a similar issue. After blowing out all the lines mine is more live able, i just don't put the pump on full blast when I got to fill up. I leave it at the first notch or I just hold it. I have found some pumps are way more finicky than others so I have my preference on where I fill up around town.

also, make sure you got the line that t’s into the filler neck. If you follow it back you can remove it at the tank end and blow it out. I think this line caused the most issues for me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
09_4WD_YUKON

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on the slow fill issue. So, I went and got the other tank from the guy, traded my tires for it, awesome!! No current cost for me. Get home, unload everything and then swing by a new and different gas station to fill up. Start off pumping slow as it had been splashing out on the previous fillups. So, as I get the fuel flowing it kicks off a few times and then I say "f it" lets go full blast and I BE DAMN!!!! fills up entire tank at full tilt in under 4 minutes. Woohoo!!!!! Not sure what in the heck happened, don't really care. Then, stopped again for gas at my normal station to fill up AGAIN, start at full tilt and never kicked off until it hit $61.10. Didn't top it off, just took nozzle out and put it back.

So, I'm assuming the last thing I did is what "fixed" it. Took the vent line off from the canister to the tank and blew air back into the tank. Hopefully its fixed!!!! If something changes I will bring this post back to life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e