Got the dreaded slow tank fill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
What is the line that runs up near the filler tube and has a plastic plug in the end?

I noticed this line when I replaced the air compressor. It is attached to the same mounting point that the compressor intake hose is.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
What is the line that runs up near the filler tube and has a plastic plug in the end?

I noticed this line when I replaced the air compressor. It is attached to the same mounting point that the compressor intake hose is.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That hose comes off of the vent valve that mounts above the spare tire.

kbuskill

Reaction score
So, when I do this and the tank does NOT vent then there's the blockage and changing the tank is a possibility.

So when you pressurize the tank from the filler neck with air from a blow gun/compressor you get nothing out of any of the lines going to the vapor canister???

Did you see the fuel tank expand the way I described?

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gary- I gather that you pressurized tank thru gas cap fwd toward charcoal can with no restrictions. As I see it that only leaves the charcoal can Plugged, if its clear from charcoal can to motor. Me, I would probably try surgery on the can, activated charcoal is cheap and so is stainless screen. At least after surgery I know what it really is even if I have to replace it.

OP
OP
09_4WD_YUKON

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when you pressurize the tank from the filler neck with air from a blow gun/compressor you get nothing out of any of the lines going to the vapor canister???

Did you see the fuel tank expand the way I described?

Air is coming thru the line that vents the tank to the canister, very little to no restriction.

Could not really see the tank expand. I may have not put enough air into it.

OP
OP
09_4WD_YUKON

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gary- I gather that you pressurized tank thru gas cap fwd toward charcoal can with no restrictions. As I see it that only leaves the charcoal can Plugged, if its clear from charcoal can to motor. Me, I would probably try surgery on the can, activated charcoal is cheap and so is stainless screen. At least after surgery I know what it really is even if I have to replace it.

I'm sure this does not matter, but the canister is new. I haven't thought about it being plugged tho. I've also thought about unplugging the vent line from the tank to the canister and trying to fill up like that.

kbuskill

Reaction score
Air is coming thru the line that vents the tank to the canister, very little to no restriction.

Could not really see the tank expand. I may have not put enough air into it.

Did any more pellets come out?

When we did mine it blew pellets out all over the floor. Capping the end of the line with your finger, that goes to the canister, while allowing a little pressure to build up and then releasing it helps to force them out.

kbuskill

Reaction score
I'm sure this does not matter, but the canister is new. I haven't thought about it being plugged tho. I've also thought about unplugging the vent line from the tank to the canister and trying to fill up like that.

Unplugging the line from the canister and trying to fill up is a good idea. It would definitely help you to narrow down the problem.

Is it possible that something could have gotten dropped down the filler neck?

OP
OP
09_4WD_YUKON

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did any more pellets come out?

When we did mine it blew pellets out all over the floor. Capping the end of the line with your finger, that goes to the canister, while allowing a little pressure to build up and then releasing it helps to force them out.

No pellets anywhere, not even in the line going to the engine. Really why I am stumped now. So, the tank has to be plugged somewhere.

OP
OP
09_4WD_YUKON

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unplugging the line from the canister and trying to fill up is a good idea. It would definitely help you to narrow down the problem.

Is it possible that something could have gotten dropped down the filler neck?

I really don't think so. I was able to fill it very, very slowly yesterday. Would take a couple of gallons before it clicked off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonMSavannah