going to change trans fluid and filter -- two questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
To add to this thread...what interval do you guys do your changes at? Owners manual says 50k, Haynes says 30k or severe use 15k. Curious to know what a good rule of thumb would be?

I change mine at around 25,000km or every two years , I tow and do alot of HWY driving. The winters and using the 4X4 I fell it's cheep insurance. This is my third year with the Taho, I changed it when I got it and I am due to change it but the tranny is on the way out. So a 6.0 and 4L65 swap is in the works.

4WDTRK

sleeps in garage
Reaction score
Yea I was speaking with the tranny shop the other day and they recommend every 25 - 30k. Mine is going in next week to get an external cooler installed and I'm gonna have them do fluid and filter while it's there. Save me an afternoon in the garage.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Every
Yea I was speaking with the tranny shop the other day and they recommend every 25 - 30k. Mine is going in next week to get an external cooler installed and I'm gonna have them do fluid and filter while it's there. Save me an afternoon in the garage.

Everytime I have someone else touch any of my vehicles they mess something up or do a shotty job, I would rather do it my self and make sure it was done right ,with quality parts. Way too many rip offs out there. in my area anyway

4WDTRK

sleeps in garage
Reaction score
Yea I know what you mean. I'm very much a DIY'er for those exact same reasons. Right now my time is limited and this shop has a very good reputation so I'm hoping for the best.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Good luck.
If I can't do it I have a few trusted buddies that will help me out . Buy them some beer and save my self some aggravation!!!:beer: