GMC Yukon XL 2500 pricing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a beauty, wonder what it was used for with the hitch in front and 2 trailer plugs in the rear
My best guess would be that it was used as a vacation vehicle ONLY, pulling a large WDH travel trailer/horse trailer. Driven hard for 2-3 months, and parked for the next 9-10 months.

Ran hard, put away wet.. Thats only 3500 miles a year.

Second plug is likely for a trailer battery system that would charge off the truck.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My best guess would be that it was used as a vacation vehicle ONLY, pulling a large WDH travel trailer/horse trailer. Driven hard for 2-3 months, and parked for the next 9-10 months.

Ran hard, put away wet.. Thats only 3500 miles a year.

Second plug is likely for a trailer battery system that would charge off the truck.
My Tahoe actUally came with a brake controller harness & a fuse to put in the box that allows a trailer with a battery system to charge off the OEM 7 pin plug while in tow. Pretty neat.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they all come with that.. But some systems require more power than the 10 guage wire can provide, especially if they are equipped with the powered dolly legs..

My Envoy has the powered Center Pin too.

drseth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had one, used a quart of oil every 600 miles. 10-12mpg.

Personally, I would not buy from anyone except the owner-seller. You can learn more about vehicle’s history.

BigDogYJ

Reaction score
They are pricing it due to 3/4, 4x4 and 8.1 which is pretty rare. Then the 30k miles they are using as an ax use for charging $15k over what it probably should be priced at (IF it was maintained properly!). At that point miles is good for judging wear and tear on interior and such, should have nothing to do with judging how mechanically sound it is, it is 18years old! Just because something only has 30k miles over that amount of time, doesn’t excuse one from maintaining and replacing fluids belts hoses etc. over the past 18 years. They are just as important with many miles or next to nothing. I bought mine with 180k on it and meticulously maintained. I had full confidence in it to drive across the country without worry. Something like that one without the original owners records and maintenance history really makes you wonder. It looks in great shape but when things sit they age at a different rate. Just some things to keep in mind. I understand how rare these trucks are in that combo but I think it should be priced closer to $20k or so. Depending on the maintenance history. If that’s all there and it was meticulously maintained then it could be closer to $25k or more. Go take a good long hard look at it and bring a friend or mechanic to look over it with you. Let us know how it works out.

JoeyTheStang

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That’s duraburban pricing. Hard pass on anything from a dealer, you don’t get deals on used cars at the dealer, maybe at a used car lot, most definitely in the private seller market.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are pricing it due to 3/4, 4x4 and 8.1 which is pretty rare. Then the 30k miles they are using as an ax use for charging $15k over what it probably should be priced at (IF it was maintained properly!). At that point miles is good for judging wear and tear on interior and such, should have nothing to do with judging how mechanically sound it is, it is 18years old! Just because something only has 30k miles over that amount of time, doesn’t excuse one from maintaining and replacing fluids belts hoses etc. over the past 18 years. They are just as important with many miles or next to nothing. I bought mine with 180k on it and meticulously maintained. I had full confidence in it to drive across the country without worry. Something like that one without the original owners records and maintenance history really makes you wonder. It looks in great shape but when things sit they age at a different rate. Just some things to keep in mind. I understand how rare these trucks are in that combo but I think it should be priced closer to $20k or so. Depending on the maintenance history. If that’s all there and it was meticulously maintained then it could be closer to $25k or more. Go take a good long hard look at it and bring a friend or mechanic to look over it with you. Let us know how it works out.
Honestly, they are pricing it in a manner in which they expect to collect, unfortunately.

OP
OP
clandr1

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think between the low miles, excellent shape, used vehicle market, and relative rareness of this vehicle (trim level, options, etc.) this is a perfect storm for a dealer to think they can get top dollar for it. I checked the carfax history and my best guess is this was somebody's grandpa's travel trailer puller (the truck spent most of it's life in Oregon), and someone bought it at auction and now thinks they have a unicorn on their hands, and has priced it to match. If this truck was $10k lower, I probably would've already driven to MO to check it out, but given their price it's no surprise it's been for sale for more than a couple of months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts