GM should bring the pewter color back...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wildcatgoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's just a beautiful color that ages well and needs to be offered on every Chevrolet truck, at least.

Also, behold my Tahoe "flexing"... because I think I'm cool.

I enjoyed the steering wheel rattle driving the trails... that was awesome after replacing literally freakin' everything.

IMG_0517.jpg IMG_0519.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When it was installed did you lube the new part at the contact/mount points?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
me and the wife both actually aren't fond of that color or any variation of a gold/brownish color. i also have a strong dislike for yellow on a vehicle.

Sarah_279

Reaction score
Pewter is a great color. I have Pepperdust. (not the same but as close as I could find to a neutral color..) I don't care for white and I don't have the patience for black :)

OP
OP
W

wildcatgoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it was installed did you lube the new part at the contact/mount points?

It's lubed where it connects on both sides, albeit that really shouldn't be necessary, plus I attempted to pack additional lube into the articulating shaft area, but there already was some.

I went under the column again and see some kind of black and bare metal object and by feel I could determine it had a 4 wire connector going to it. That object is so loose it rattles like crazy. It was hard to determine but I think I could feel it rattle in the steering wheel when I reached a finger up there and shook it around. I'll have to figure out how to get that lower panel below the steering wheel off and check that.

I have no idea what this part is. Almost like however it mounts is now loose.

I also have that steering angle sensor and all that plastic rattles, so I'm going to remove that, albeit if I manually move that around I can't feel it in the steering wheel. But I already bypassed that nonesense at the steering pump so I'm going to pull that crap off. Has made ZERO difference on the highway.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a worker at a wrecking yard ask me if I had my truck painted that color a few weeks ago, he couldn’t believe (most of it) was original. The sun was shining on it and the metallic was looking awesome. Not bad for an 18 year old truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne